Hanafi's First Day

My brother just started his sec one education in a new secondary school and me and my mum went with him for the morning assembly at the school hall. Well, it took me back to the days when I used to look at the guys..particularly those in long pants..when I was in school and how tough it had been for me to perform well in my studies. But Secondary school life taught me great life lessons and made me more responsible in my actions as I became less dreamy..and more..reality based. I didnt change 100% like seriously become more focused but at least there's a bit of improvement. I got to know the different kinds of friends and realised that not all of them are in this friendship thing as some purposely got themselves attached to certain people because they are the smarter lot. How I know this? Coz I lost a friend through this and it was hard to get by these pesky people because they often would crowd around my friend who is actually pretty smart also the class monitor. In the end, she got sucked into this social circle, I cried my heart out and moved on.

I would say that I was not part of the popular group but usually just stuck to a few lot. I was a terribly shy person so it was hard for me to make friends. STill, the friends that I made..we stuck through thick and thin..and the friendship continues way after secondary school. But along the way, I lost them too later as they got high on clubbing and night life after turning 16 and then we are no longer on speaking terms coz apparently, Im not 'cool' enough.

But it's okay. This is just part of growing up and my wish for my brother is for him to study hard and not to follow the wrong crowd. But I trust him coz he can be quite level headed..at least not to me but to his friends..so hopefully all goes well for him.

On my part, as I looked around the school hall and seeing him sitting down the rest, it made me realise that this boy's life is my responsibility. I dont want my family to suffer a struggling life due to my careless actions and I want to be an even more responsible person. God has given me a headstart and this time, I promise that I am not about to ruin it.

THis is my brother doing my infamous kawaii pose!! With no prompting from me of course..




Good luck with school, Hanafi!

Comments

Popular Posts