Pre Employment Checkup

A quick update..about whats going on in my life right now. Well, today I had my medical check up or pre-employment medical check up and honestly, it was generally okay but I dont enjoy being checked up. Same person who hates doctors here. Let's just call it as a childhood trauma thing where I often fell ill almost every week. But I was in good company and had quite a laugh with some of my colleagues..which happened to be..da best. I scheduled it on the same day as theirs so it was not sheer coincidence. Uhm, plus, I did not want to have the shock of my life when I took my weight coz it had been quite an eat fest the past few weeks. I know I dont expect miracles and to see my weight drop drastically given the amount of food I eat and the lesser time I spent working out due to uhm...me leaving HPB and then stripped of my gym use as well but the past few days saw me making up for it.

I actually visited a public gym twice this week and then trying to cut down what I ate the past few days..which, I can tell you..coming out of an eat fest..it was a pretty trying effort. But I think it's all in your mentality and your mind can be a powerful thing to overcome certain weaknesses that you have. For my case..I love snacking and it takes up a chunk of my brain power to resist but it doesnt mean that I have to miss out on life and ultimately on the good stuff..like food, for instance. SO I have this 'taste factor' thing going on for a long time which help to control what I eat which is actually giving in to your craving by just a mere bite or two.

Im not trying to make myself sound so paranoid over my weight..coz..ultimately, it is merely just a number. It doesnt exactly tell you if you're healthy or not coz even thin people have health issues. But it does beat the crap out of me if I put on kilos..which I think almost everybody would agonise over the same fact. It's an internal struggle..which is quite good lah if I dont carry it too far coz it makes me refocus. So...anyway, my effort pulled off and I managed, by miracle, maintained the weight more or less.

Actually, Im just plugging this new thing..which I dont know what to call as yet...and this new thing is all about health and fitness. I like to catch up on the do's and dont's of nutrition, some new revelations about the food we eat and the misconceptions that we have such as myths about certain kinds of food. It's gonna be an interesting bite sized pieces of information. Im not exactly fighting fit and I still have a long way to go before I reach my ideal weight and I foresee this is still not the year to achieve that. I may have been a mess last year what with family and financial problems and stuffs so everything that I ever planned or dreamt about..went down the drain or I stopped completely..even the smallest thing.

So this year, I have a simple resolution. It's actually a no brainer. I want to be more focused on everything that I do and to live a life with lesser regrets. If I know doing something would make me regret and believe me if I am in this regret mood, it can be pretty ugly, then I'd rather not dip my toe in the water.

Maybe tonight you will see me posting up a blog entry on nutrition and then it will be tagged and the link placed to the site. We shall see how lah. Im thinking up a concept of a new blogskin and I kinda got the framework already except the designing part of it and a theme.

Wow, Im pretty excited already. But not as excited as reading an interview done by a certain website with my current IT guy..Ronnie! And then he revealed that he has broken up last Thanksgiving though they are still good friends. Yeah pfft...friends..well, dont worry Ronnie, once your face is plastered all over magazines, websites and televisions, who cares about staying friends with your ex!

He's a political science student and an active political activist with his own nonprofit organization. Despite having such a busy schedule..and now going into television, he works out almost every day! WOw..no wonder he's so fighting fit. It's a cue for all of us who often say we have no time to exercise. If you wanna look good..feel good...you will somehow find the commitment to do something about it and stick to it.

Alright mates! Let's hope the rest of the remaining week will turn out to be not just an ordinary week but a meaningful one. And watch out for my new blogskin..woohoo!

Eh, but I got a second part to this update. Let's see how I can fit this into my..err..busy schedule..hehe.

Comments

Popular Posts