Missed Working Life

I feel so lost. I am so used to being a workaholic with maximum of 5 mcs a year (except in 2005 where I had two weeks due to chicken pox) and struggling to take leaves coz I could hardly find an opportunity to do and a quick vacation is out of the question. I think it is the disadvantage of working out field most of the times and the hassle of finding replacements puts me off even though I dont have to do the sourcing but I pity those that had to do the replacement. Im not your average nice girl for nothing.

SO basically, I miss working. Either that or I think I have been under my mum's slavery from morning til late evening and it's getting a bit mundane. Sure, we have our moments where me and my mum, while my brother is away in school, we will go out on a food hunt. Basically, places that my mum saw on tv and wanted to try out. Unfortunately, it wasnt quite a food adventure though it was quite fun travelling. You know what, dont believe a hundred per cent what these food reviewers thought about the food they ate. They were probably paid enough to tell lies to our faces.

Sometimes people create all this hype and maybe...the food was good previously but to maintain a skill that good to make people come back is not an easy job which I agree. Still, I just cant buy their excuse in compromising the quality only because they have this mentality that people will still come back pouring in and lining up. But basically, customers are not stupid. They know if the quality has gone down and you think they wanna come back? No way.

Well, the food industry is not an easy industry to be in and requires long hours of hard work and on top of that, if you want to achieve success, have to work even harder to gain customer loyalty. DOnt get me wrong. Im not condemning them. There are hits and misses and my taste may not be on par with the rest of the foodies and Im not even a qualified foodie being such a fussy eater. The only thing i know is I want to pay for something that is worth every single dollar. That's all.

Alright, I just hope to end this lazy spell of me pronto. Yah I know you know Im already a lazy bugger in the first place. I could not even bring myself to go to the public gym today and forget about doing a second session on Friday. This is so not like me but I think it's just the feeling of not getting used to another environment where the machines are different and the crowd is different. I guess after this, it will be like second nature and would carry on as per normal. I feel like postponing the whole thing next week when I start work where the gear has been oiled. I just could not be bothered with this slight weight gain anymore and I think I should take the comfort that uhm..maybe the rest of my colleagues are not spared from this also..hehe.

Wow, in roughly 9 hours, I would be going for an interview at the MOE or the Ministry of Education. Im excited by it but judging by the quite a number of trips I had made there for the last few years had made it quite a chore. But, Im not about to get defeated and I do wish my next trip there will give me a piece of good news in the future. To be honest with you, five years ago I did have my first interview there before joining HPB. But they took a bloody long time to reply, six months to be precise, that when I got the opportunity to join HPB, I had to take it though I secretly wished MOE would reply first. So by the time I joined HPB, I had to decline their offer (which I repeat..was 6 months later). I tell ya my interview with them didnt quite go well and I stumbled a heck lot. Duh, first interview what! A year after working with HPB, I realised that it was not my forte and I kinda tried to apply again and I failed despite the uhm..'begging' to take me back in.

Well, maybe it was a good thing. No I was not referring to the begging. I was inexperienced and HPB provided me with a good work foundation because I had to deal with different people almost every day and it upped my confidence level a bit. I think it has all got to do with timing.

Anyhoo, I need to do some preparation for my 'speech' later coz going in without any preparation spells disaster. Plus, I need to sell myself. My colleague called me earlier, which was quite a bad time coz I was watching the Deal or No Deal 'hunks' special so I probably missed half of the hunks opening the briefs...err..briefcases..but it went to show that I was willing to sacrifice some eye candy to comfort a friend in need. Big. Major. Sacrifice.

She was nervous and felt a bit bad as well that apparently only us two got shortlisted for an interview while I think another three or four of them did not and they seemed more eager beaver than us. And the ironic thing was, they applied to many jobs and were not getting any call backs for interviews and even if they did, they were not in favour of the companies. To me and my friend, we were like..err...shall we just apply for this one only? We were just trying our luck and trying to broaden our option but did not want to complicate things as we would be signed under contract already by then with the new company.

I guess to both of us, it is not a matter of getting out of this job line..pronto..but about making a better and more wise option coz this job is project based. How long our employability rate is depends on how well this project goes and despite it going well the past few years, it is not something permanent and who knows, what will happen in the future? But of course, the main thing here is to stay employable but at the same time, we dont want to work for any shady companies that may be worse off than this company and we will be stuck in a job line that we just loathe.

Hopefully we both pass the interview and then at least got friend what to resign together..hehe. She has brought about concerns before about us being separated coz spending working time together for five years is no joke and we are like good friends already. She was already saying..hey..we keep in touch okay? I was like..of course!

Haiz, later have to wake up a bit earlier so I can think up bombastic words and phrases to spice up my credibility. Gotta start telling some white lies!

Comments

Popular Posts