Post Interview

Im supposed to blog about yesterday's event..yes..THE INTERVIEW..with MOE..but sorta got a bit..uhm..lazy doing it coz i hate recapping. Ironic since one of the things that I like to do is reading episode recaps. Anyway, I shall try to make it short and sweetish. It went well...I got tired for a bit answering their questions..and apparently, what i noticed was that it was supposed to be over and done already with their interview but somehow continued a bit and they were like asking one another..'any more questions?' and then..the last question...would not happen to be the last question. So there was this time extension of sorts like when you go to an arcade and playing the daytona. I even caught myself catch a fleeting glance of the door.

But, that could be a good thing coz maybe they took an interest in me and wanted to test me further to see if I would eventually break down and cry and admit that I had been lying about being 'committed'..'adaptable'..and so on. I tried to keep my game up and not be so repetitive and try to sell myself and prove to them that I mean what I said. At least 10% of it.

Oh, i even told mariah that one of them asked me a non-relevant question..and who also happened to be the Vice Principal of a boys' school (near my home no less..and I hated that school after a brief stint of attachment with the field nurses). They were like asking me if I was proficient in I.T. and even though I thought that was a dumb question but heck, your loyal geekiness doesnt show on my face. After that she was like..'so have you heard of this new laptop from MAC?' Honestly, Im not into mac and have not even touched a macbook and Im also a pc worshipper. That question caught me by surprise and it helped having a brother whose geekiness is, to be honest with you, slightly above me. He's very much into apple products and watches steve jobs, CEO of the Apple company key notes on youtube.

So back to the interview. So he was the one who kept on playing this ad about macbook air which is the lightest laptop in the world. That was how I got wind of it and who knew that it could be the very thing that would score me some brownie points just when they thought that I pretended to know how to use a mac. So I said yeah I heard of it and it's called the 'mac air'. But later back home my brother said 'no..it's macbook air!' okay, whatever..the darn thing was over anyway. And he went on saying that 'oh, did you know that it does not have an optical drive? Then people have to buy an additional drive to plug it in! Isnt it troublesome?' I kept quiet and he was like..'do you even know what is an optical drive? I dont think you know what it is and thats why you dont know what im talking about.'

Tsk..newbie.

But trust that newbie to have saved my life. I could not really remember what sort of questions they asked coz of the many times I had to actually recall relevant examples from my previous working experience with HPB and then relating how they would actually help me cope with the current job scope and its challenges. They really made it seem so difficult stressing that it could mean long working hours despite the school hours finishing earlier and then at times, have to travel up and down the stairs, working with colleagues of different races and languages and so forth. So I just had to play their game and try to prove to them that I was able to do them based on my working experience and it was tough although surprisingly I could actually pick out the relevant examples without thinking too hard.

Then again, sometimes things may take a turn differently and they may have a different opinion of me especially if they face better candidates. But Im hopeful. I would only know when I will get...in a week's time..which is so damn fast..based on how long I had to wait previously for my past interviews. I was saying that my other colleague had also gone for the interview and she was asking me what sort of questions they asked. I did not reveal that much..not coz I was being bad..or competitive..it was just that I could not half recall what they asked..coz like I said, they might have gone off the track a bit by asking more questions than they should be asking.

I very much hope she and I would get through..uhm..just so that I have a buddy to resign with. Okay I know that is the stupidest reason but on the bright side, at least we are going to do something that is different from the past 5 years that we have been doing. We have been contemplating about changing our jobs a few times but somehow stuck with the game and because she is a much more friendly person..who gets along with people in general..but can be tough when necessary as well (unlike me..)..she does get more bad partners than me. Why? Coz they think she would be the right person to partner them. But her sheer endurance working with these difficult people paid off coz she was voted as the most favourite within her cluster.

You know what, I dare not comment further about what the outcome will be although I try to get my hopes high. I've been itching for a change for the longest time and if God thinks that this is the right time for me to change and earn my rice bowl somewhere else, then it will be my calling.

This may sound cliche but Im hoping for the best.

Comments

Popular Posts