Between Orientation and Sleep Disorder

Heya,

I was late for work. My first day at work at a new company. Hooray to me. But lucky it was the orientation programme today and it was supposed to start at 9 am. We had to come earlier at 8.30 to register which basically, to my pre knowledge, was just signing the attendance. Well, I arrived at 8.50am. Tomorrow there will be a briefing only pertaining to my department so I'd better get my butt down there on time which means...*gulp*...waking up a little bit earlier just so that I dont have to wait until some time for my brother to use first. Now I have a problem with sleeping. Funny I should have that since every bone in me is a lazy bone but my timing has gone a little nutty.

I can sleep with little prob in the earlier part of the night but I will wake up quite fast like as if Im taking a quick nap in the day. It's just that when it comes to the actual sleeping, which is usually, past 12 or 1, that is when problem starts. I have great difficulty falling asleep sometimes spanning for over more than two hours.

Then when I am FINALLY asleep, usually more than an hour later, I would be so asleep that even if my handphone alarm ring beside me, I either cant hear or I would switch it off and go back to sleep in a split second. So at times I would think that the alarm didnt ring at all when in fact it did. So when I would be grossly in sleep, I had to be woken up coz guess what, two hours plus later, it's 6 in the morning. So much for sleeping.....*yawns*.....

But last year, there was one particular period that was so bad I practically had imsonia. It went on for more than a month. Yes, I would be lying down on my mattress, eyes closed but I cant sleep and there would come a point where I was even too exhausted to toss and turn that I just laid still. So I would practically see the view from outside my window turn from the blackest of the night to the lighter shade of the wee hours of the morning. Even though I didnt feel sleepy, surprisingly, my eyes became two greyish ghostly sockets and my skin looked aged and even make up could only sustain my youth for a couple of hours.

Apparently, Im not alone. My brother has the same fate too and if you think mine sounds quite bad, he is like the ultimate night owl. When I am fast asleep an hour plus later, he still struggle to sleep though he doesnt toss and turn. But at least he doesnt suffer that every night coz if he has difficulty sleeping tonight, the next night he will have it easier because his younger body is too exhausted from the lack of sleep. Mine is like a continuous play.

Well, sorry to indulge you with this so called medical condition of mine. I admit I suffer from a mild case of imsomnia which worry me at times especially when it leads to me having difficulty waking up.

About my work just now, I have not officially started out field duty yet but coming this Wednesday which I think is pretty darn fast. But time is money, at least in this company's policy so what to do....have to just go with the flow. I would say that I had to endure hours of lectures about the company such as security issues, quality management, HR stuffs and blah blah...and I was pretty amazed I didnt fall asleep in the beginning part of the orientation and was actually alert as if I was listening. Maybe coz I was excited I was away from the clutches from 'evil' mum..haha..or just being in an environment other than my home. Of course, after lunch it was a different story.

The only highlight was the warehouse visit which was pretty fun..and amazing..seeing the forklifts and very tall cranes storing and organizing the crates. The racks would be piled up so high until more than 7 stories tall almost like looking up at a high rise flat. Oh, another highlight was that I would be working with a team member that I had always wanted to work with ever since the last two years but rarely got a chance. And now I did! Except that it would only be about one and a half weeks since the month was drawing near and then next month, I would be rotated since I was not the leader.

But it's okay. If I were to leave this job, at the very least I had finally fulfilled my request..often an unrequited one..to work with one of my fav colleagues. Maybe it's faith?

Alright...oh! Guess what? My schedule is out too and it's a mixture of west and east schools so I dont have to always travel too far away except maybe this week. First location? Jurong West! I was like..gawd..I was already late coming to Clementi..and now they're posting me to Jurong which is further up?!! Man this is unbelievable.

But let's just see how it goes, eh?

For now, better not be late for tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts