Start of a New Work

Hey,

so last Sunday I was saying that I anticipated a fantastico week. Actually, at the back of my mind, I was thinking...who the heck am I kidding. I STILL have not cleared the paper bills and other letters even though there are not a lot to be cleared. But Im just so freaking lazy to do that. I also have not cleared my brother's past textbooks and assessment books to make way for his newer textbooks so he would give just a bit more space on his study table. Seriously, I dont think I would have a prob with the latter but I think the no 1 reason why I just hate to clear those paper bills and letters is the fact that I just cringe at seeing the figures. Even though I had already settled most of them in the past and only had to keep the latest ones, it still is a major chore looking through them. I dont even wanna open some of the letters that are unopened because some people are so free to send so many correspondence letters pertaining to the same thing.

Anyway, a task is a task and a must is a must. Let me whip myself to shape and get it done..LATEST..by tomorrow. If not, I will punish myself by not watching the first episode of Heroes Season 2.

Speaking of which, Im starting work officially at a new workplace. I probably have mentioned the name somewhere before in some entries but then again, maybe I have not. Oh, I think I just posted the badge but the company's name is blurred. Well, you know..in case I get into trouble blogging about them and it's not some company where I would write flowery poems about. So you catch the drift why it matters that I dont mention the name. Dont get me wrong by thinking that Im being so 'super' by having these thoughts that may bring bad name to the company when I am just starting to work with them. To me, it's kind enough for them to take us under their wings to help them with the project. I still miss working with HPB not so much because of the management coz I so hate them but the environment is so much better and there is a sense of belonging to it even as a field officer.

But now, it's like my work life revolves around being out there in the open doing field work and then only coming back once a month and I dont even know if there is a specific place for me to go to if I go back to the headquarters. They kept on saying that there is lack of space for the group of us and I dont know if by now, they have figured out where to place us. You see, this is the result of people complaining. I understand that they give their 'feedback' to make things better. And now they are offering the ultimate solution which isnt exactly what we have in mind. But what to do. We cant turn back time and begin with a sentence..'Actually, what we meant to say is..' coz they have it all planned already whether we like it or not.

So no choice, we just have to abide by it. Now my colleagues think that we have no sense of belonging to the company when they only tell us to come back once a month and not only that, they actually double..or triple..our work just to prolong our time in the field. Now I have the right to say 'no sense of belonging' because Im not one of those who complain. But I am not going to blame those who did either as we have not started officially on this revamped programme yet. This idea of having us outfield every day and without coming back to office to make up for the remaining working hours will only proven to be effective or non effective later on.

Okay okay...I shall stop whining and BE THANKFUL that I still have a job after the biggest job scare last year of losing my job and not knowing where to go next. For my ex colleagues who had left this line without getting a job first and are still looking for one now, I hope they will get a call or something for an interview. Even though I still think that they should not have quit like that and have too high a hope that they can get a job easily with just a snap of their fingers, it is their right to wanna try something else.

Alright my honest opinion. I think that fine..they have the right to turn down this vendor who will be taking over my ex company's project. I dont wanna say anything bad to them coz they are more than colleagues to me. I know that they also deserve better treatment and I guess we all do because we are all in the same boat. The only thing that made me unhappy is that they think that just because we 'accepted' with little questions or no question at all, we are made to be 'easy' or at least that is how I was made to feel. It's like they were thinking....dont you feel cheated...dont you feel like they are using you...dont you feel you deserve better.

I dont know about the rest but to me, I have a family to survive..bills to pay...and I cant be stopping in the middle of the road hoping that a nice porsche pick me up and then send me to an ever after trip. It's not going to be a journey that I anticipate where it is all so cushy and nice. Yes I have a choice to choose the vehicle to hitchhike on but for how long am I going to wait? It's the journey to move on that matters most. At least for now. As long as it is not a vehicle belonging to some crazed serial killer, then Im fine. Half way through, who knows if I get to hop on a better looking guy..I mean..car? Like this interview I got from MOE. I seriously do hope that I get this job but it's a matter of luck. Even scoring the interview with them is a stroke of luck.

Pertaining to the earlier analogy, I have put my family on the top of my list and that is why I did not question so much when this company took me in after taking over the project just as long as it is not some shady company (just like the serial killer). I agree with them that it is our choice and yes we do deserve better not just in terms of a job offer but also in life. But please, dont think of those people who agreed to hop on to this company as merely following the herd. I know they have been so nice not to be so direct about it but only drop subtle hints like if we have thought carefully about it and then asking question such as 'And then you agree to it?'. The thing is..we have...and for many reasons.

Im not against them for thinking that we have not thought out of the box and call us 'desperate' if they want to and Im still not angry. Im just a bit hurt if they think that we are, like I said, merely following the herd. No matter what, I still congratulate them for being so courageous to move out of their comfort zone for now. Anyway, it's a fair game for all. Even though we are still doing more or less the same job scope when it comes to field work, it's still going to be somewhat different.

Talking about change, Im glad the hiatus period from work is over and my stomach is happy and fully bloated from all the eating and lack of exercise due to increased activity...of laziness. I have to grudgingly go back to my 'healthy lifestyle' period even if I have to drag my ass back to the gym or watch what goes in my mouth. It's a good thing I have not totally lost it or I have to start from scratch taking me back to years ago when I first decide that I want to change my lifestyle. But it's still gonna be a big step, alright. I have to anyway coz most of my clothes that I have usually fit me just nice with little room to spare so they wont do a good job at hiding my new bulge.

I know that I have talked about me being against diet pills and then now, I just bought two packs of herbal pills that are supposed to make me lose a bit of weight but I dont know how they are going to work. The fact that they are so cheap at less than four bucks each is a big wonder if they are as effective as they claim to be. But nope, Im no complainant here and I will be happy if I can just lose one kilo or one inch off my waistline, thighs, hips or butt...or all of the above within a month or less. Only so that I will at least fit in my existing clothes without resorting to overhauling my wardrobe by buying new set of clothes one size bigger.

Then off I go fooling myself i have not taken any 'help'..hehe..well, we need to cheat sometimes in life too, right?!

Comments

Popular Posts