Death by Love

Freakin' freakin sweet....that's how sweet love can be. And it grows stronger the more you try to resist. Yeah, I still haven't quite gotten over the sweet to the max scenes involving the two so-in-love cowboys. You know what, as I read the reviews, one of them did share the same view as me as to whether the cowboys were truly homosexuals before they met. Okay, actuallie i figured one of them is la...coz he had this longing gaze or a pair of eyes that gives a stolen glances at the other cowboy. But the other one, the more serious ennis...was probably drawn into loneliness after he lost his parents in an accident. He did mention about something something...(that guy talks with a frog in his throat)..and that's how he ended up here in brokeback with the sheep. Err..something like that lah...there's the reason why I can't review movies. I sometimes don't understand what the heck they were saying.


BUt! I can truly understand the emotions going through the boys as they were...well...frolicking and giving sweet sweet kisses, their long long gazes and emotional breakdowns just as they tried to be so toughie about it initially. and if you are willing to throw any of your stereotyped viewpoints and see it as one element..which is love...you will somehow understand too. And that made it so freakin' sweet. I tot I wasn't up to it as I believed that I would squirm like no business or when I see those horny clips which I accidentally downloaded from the net. Err..really...u know how misleading some titles can be. Aiyah, put it this way...I even squirm seeing straight people kissing in dramas or movies. Not that I find it disgusting la...but sometimes there's no build up of intensity that make me somehow prepared or understand why they start to kiss and what comes after. And at most times movies just add in the love scenes for the saking of adding in....and that's when I find it rather disgusting la and squirm or look away. Oh, and makes me think how some people are just lacking in love but are onlie damn horny..haha.


But know what....funnie their relationship started off tough. Like do now..contemplate tomorrow..haha. STill,that's what makes some movies special coz they beat the conventionals. Unlike Crash (which by the way won..damn ridiculous man)...who only intensify the racial prejudices that we ALL know are apparent and still in existence so no need to rub it in. Okay, so gay love does exist also la but a majority of us...me guilty of it too....thinks that it's just a form of oppression against their soured relationships with girls or their inability to not give in to their sexual needs with the same gender. But this movie changes my perceptions that I realise that love knows no boundary...but is onlie there to cure us of our loneliness and replace it with happiness. And love...in its pure state....can make one go on a tug of war...between what they actually feel and what is socially right.


Of course, if Jack and Ennis have it their way ....they probably wouldn't mind getting killed if people find out about their sexual misdeeds. It would only mean that love has won the battle...like the cliche 'till death do us part'. When Ennis found out about Jack's death....he thought that it should be him instead although his oppressive side blamed Jack for leading him on and making him . He felt responsible for it but still, if it wasn't for the nightmare seen with his own eyes as a child, I would think he wouldn't give a hoot what the society thinks contrary to what most people would gather.


To me, he tried to protect Jack whose more open and care free life would easily get him..and eventually both of them killed which would end their love prematurely. I guess he wanted this love to go on and to do that, they had to go into hiding behind the luscious brokeback mountain background. On one hand, I am on his side...coz as much as I wanted them to ditch their own families and heck care live together....he did have a point. But on the other hand, his guarded love could have caused Jack's early death whose massive disappointment with Ennis's decision to carry on a 'normal' life led him astray even though he respected his decision.

I dunno....I could be wrong or I am just assuming. Only one thing is confirmed though......to restrain one's love....is to destroy one's life. Argh...so sad!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts