Stand Up Girls!

Well..it's tough being a girl. can't afford to slack if not our skin gets all blotchy..can't afford to just ignore what we eat or the fats will go straight to the hips, butt and thighs. Oh, and we can't afford to ignore the projection of our image if not we will only appear as 'sloppy' putting ourselves to shame compared to the dress to the max...well...cross dressers. Many of them embrace their 'womanly curves' ..whether they already have it or artificially have them made...to wear the latest season fashion and up-to-date makeup colours.


Okay, for once...I was sloppy. Right..I am still lah but you have to forgive me. I can onli do so much! I mean I enjoy being a girl as much as I enjoy buying make up although not as frequent as the times when I was a teenager. Since now I prefer a flawless looking skin rather than hiding behind a thick layer of foundation or compact powder. To me, what's the point if you keep buying a truckload of foundation...cream based...liquid based..powder based..and the more recently, mousse based...if your skin is as wrinkled as a dried prune and your face is as oily as a chinese wok.


So okay...we can't let ourselves off the hook also like I did on a few counts..hehe. I just couldn't be bothered or I didn't have enough money to buy the more reliable facial wash for instance. Now that I can afford due to a paying job..(I didn't say well paid though..) so naturally, my skin will be much better than back when I was a teenager barely able to buy lunch for myself? Narh....the next thing, once you get the whatever products you've bought..sometimes, we tend not to use it especially if we are pretty ill disciplined. Or..for some, there are simply too many facial products or make up that it is easy to forget the existence of the previously bought ones. So I am guilty of it..and yes, I do addresss that problem. And in order not to waste anymore money, I have come up with a list. I don't know if it is useful for anyone who is reading this but basically, it's just a rough idea.

1) Recognise what is it that you want to achieve. Like for me, I want a brighter looking skin.

2) So, in terms of body lotion.....again, basically recognise what do you hope to achieve by the end of its entire bottle of usage. I have problem skin..or at least used to...for my feet and the skin directly above my feet. They used to be all red and blotchy from a very bad case of eczema or rashes.


Usually, in this sorta case...the best thing is to get the lotion that offers deep moisturising and several vitamins like Vit E.


3)Seek help from colleagues or friends, like pestering those who have tried the products and have seen the results and are satisfied with it. I am surprised that the body lotionAs a friend I recommend some lotion to my other colleague who has similar problem skin like me. Can't help it! We have the same blood type..same star sign..same month of birthday...and same age! We can be like sisters except that she's gorgeous..and Im way more gorgeous..bwahahaha!! Im amazed at my lameness.


4)Oh, and also...doesn't mean it works for them it will work for you. This is natural..since we all have different kinds of skin. So another good tip is to basically, just take a closer look at your face or observe the texture of your skin throughout the day.


And the list goes on and I am so darn lazy to type it out. Okaylah, I guess the best tip I can offer besides knowing exactly how ur skin is like and what you hope to achieve..is to work out a budget. This is to cut down the tendency to buy unnecessary crap. Of course every single product promises this and that..just like some guys who offer onlie empty promises....so we just have to be careful la. No harm trying though....if it's good, then best to stick with it instead of continually changing. There IS such a thing as our skin getting all stressed out from the accumulation of different kinds of products.


So, like I said..it ain't easy being a girl...just in case some guys think that it's so chicken feed, even their grandmothers can do it. FYI..your grandmother is also part of the female species. But you know what..as hard as it can be...it's definitely worth making an effort trying to do what we are supposed to do. The results can be so amazing that we will be thinking why we didn't use this in the beginning!!


Actually, my whole point of blogging is not to promote so if let's say there are any product names mentioned here, it wasn't done on purpose. But I was right about me being gorgeous, though! I guess being the more emotional gender, we tend to get really affected by some things more than the guys and also we develop some habits or attitude that's just not us..but totally influenced by the opposite sex. Something like being brain washed..or too much in love..I dunno....depends on them actually. I don't think it's fair for me to label people also especially if we have not been in their shoes to see from another point of view.


But I really take my hat off to girls who can make a stand for themselves even if it's gonna hurt them really bad. Like breaking up with the guys even if they were engaged or their wedding date is drawing near. Oh, and how the boyfriends don't have any trust in them and they got to a point, their social life is being scrutinized way too much. And how some control the way the girlfriend moves or dresses up that everything has to be 'approved' prior to wearing or buying it. Then they are forced to wear something they like but coz the boyfriend doesnt like, she is forbidden to wear it.


Look...I can understand if he has concerns over the blouse the girlfriend wears if it reveals way too much skin. Okay, so she has her right to wear what she wants but it's just a matter of concern for the boyfriend if she is going to attract unwanted attention. It's a gesture of love and consideration if he brings up what he thinks about her style if she has been wearing clothes that barely cover her. But it's still wise to approach it in a tactful manner like giving her options instead of a stupid stern warning or a firm 'no'. Like we dont need another mother!!


But I don't understand la if it's just some cardigan or some decent looking top and even THAT have to be approved. Okay, so the price plays a part too but if it's not expensive...and just because he doesn't like it, over the dumb reason that it's not his fav colour, she cant wear it, is it?!!!! Lame!! Grow up man...Oh, and then there are those who will approve the spaghetti strap top but not the one with the long sleeves coz it's so 'dowdy' or 'old fashioned' according to him. MY GAWD....what the hell are you trying to say?!! Like hello?! We're not some fashion accessory or bling bling hanging by your arm okay?


And this one happened to me and my friend. So it was more for her la since it is her boyfriend..or rather ex boyfriend. I tot I got her boyfriend mixed up with her ex last friday when I accompanied her to dhoby gaut study centre..which I can't name here. But she told me that she is no more with her..and I was a bit puzzled since they were on the verge of getting engaged to each other despite having a few objections or obstacles on the way. Uhm...I would say that as bad as this sounds, I kinda expected it one day..I meant..the break up.


Coz since last year..whenever we went gym together, I had to say 'hello' over the phone to prove to him that I am indeed me..not some sleaze bag about to pounce on his girlfriend. Okay, so if I am a guy and like almost every Tuesday, my friend says that she is going to the gym with him..maybe he has the right to get suspicious. But it can get tiring that almost all the time I had to say 'hello' for my friend to convince him that she is not kidding. And know what? Even then he was not thoroughly convinced by saying that my friend just grabbed any passing female to sound 'hello' to him. Like what? Nothing better to do is it?



But knowing my friend, she can be a tough cookie at times. Like she will bear with him for awhile...but if it gets to a point where she thinks enough is enough, she is willing to put aside any feelings for him and drop him. She told me that we shouldn't let ourselves be controlled. As the fairer sex, we tend to get emotional that we cannot think straight. But we should know when enough is enough...and as hurtful as it can be, it's just best to move on and not let ourselves suffer for so long.


True. Very admirable. K, so I just had to ask what happened when she said she just broke up with her boyfriend on the day we met at dhoby gaut. It's like...so freakin sudden! The thing was...he was too much already and she was thinking it was the last straw. So my friend had the initiative to inform him that she was going to meet me to go there to make enquiries regarding some course. Since we both planned to continue our studies, so I thought I could check it out also or basically, just accompany her since she was kinda scared.


Then halfway through, she said sorry to me while the customer service lady was attending to some paperwork for her. I was a bit puzzled but she told me that her boyfriend came out of nowhere and she herself was surprised that he turned up waiting outside for her. I was ok with it....if she had to leave straight after this...instead of just maybe hang out for awhile at a nearby mall. I wasn't in the mood for shopping anyway. So I thought that well...maybe he wanted to just meet her since he happened to be around the same area. But it wasn't the case.


Just now, she told me that she told him about our meeting a day earlier already but he didn't seem to trust her. He said something like why must go all the way there...to dhoby gaut..with me instead of him. Like as if he couldn't spare the time for her...according to him. She said that she didnt want to trouble him since he was doing his reservist so probably was busy. But he kept calling her on that day requesting to hear my voice coz he didn't believe her that I was going to meet her. She kept saying that I wasn't there yet since I had to come all the way from office while she was already outside.


So okay fine. But later she became suspicious when he called again asking her where exactly this study centre was. But she was very shocked when after the subsequent call, she turned her head and then saw him waiting outside. He messaged her asking where I was..but I was hidden behind some panel so I guess he couldn't see. So he sneeked a peek at me...and then the nerves..u know what he said through his messages to her?!!!!!


He said that HE couldn't trust me either...who knows if after this, I would be bringing his girlfriend on a sightseeing...trying to catch some big fish. Don't think he didn't know what we were up to after we head off from the study centre. What the f***k am I ? A hooker?!! Is that the way you treat your girlfriend's friend?!


For goodness sake, we're grow ups! Can't stand such a lame accusation. First he didn't like the idea of my friend going with me like I was such a big bad influence on her. It's a study centre..for crying out loud..we're not making enquiries on earning extra quick bucks!!! Then he didn't believe she was with me by personally going down to the centre..even in his official uniform...just to see if it was really me. Then when he saw it was really me..I don't know if he was trying to cover up his embarassment by blatantly saying that I was gonna teach her to hook up with some guys later..no freakin idea..but still...What a complete ass!!!!


Man, this just strengthen my determination not to have a boyfriend...haha..I mean look..so you love the girl to bits you are scared something will happen and you two are no longer together. But to be a spy...and say the meanest things to her friends...coz you simply don't trust her or her friends...do you expect the girl to love you just as much as you do?!!


Anyway, one thing for sure...we have to be tough. Sure, we can doll ourselves up...try to achieve a nice figure...but never ever try to do that for the sake of other people and certainly not for our significant other. We're not some puppet okay? We have a life. A guy who truly loves you accepts you for who you are. Look at it this way. Even the most beautiful..well endowed girls or even celebrities have guys cheating on them. We're vulnerable but certainly not powerless. So we can aim to dress better to impress him...but don't go overboard by sticking to his rules and regulations over what to wear or what to buy..over the lamest reasons. If there is a need....voice out....and if he refuses to listen, what makes you think he'll a good boy in the future? Move on and just treat it as a lesson in love. Good luck!!

Comments

Popular Posts