Skip to main content

Unpleasant Encounter

Wah, some things should just be left unsaid. Yesterday had the most unpleasant encounter at my work place with a contractor who was verbally abusing me because I was not happy with him when he forced me to sign on the letter. And then he had the cheek to keep pointing at me and accusing me of being rude and he was not rude. What a joker. Yes I admit that I got worked up a bit but in no way was I throwing words at him like he did. Anyway he did more than he shouldn't do like grabbing our school stamp and refused to listen to instructions as if treating this place like he blnged her.
 
Never had I been so insulted in such manner but I was at least happy to know there were people who backed me up and complained to the company as well as even quarreled with the contractor when he was being defiant. He accused us of not helping and throwing around like a ball. But that's not true. We did help him call the manager, showed him where the phone line box was and accompanied him to the telephone riser. He became unhappy when we asked him to wait for the signature. We were all busy and he didn't come on time with all sorts of excuses. It was also the same day where we had the Primary One Registration so everyone would be running around and hence we had given him the designated time to come which he did not. I was mad but I tried to keep my cool instead of lashing at him back as in who the hell was the rude one when he kept pointing his finger at me...haiz.
 
Anyway, I'll just put the episode  behind me. But it was shocking though..all in a day's work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...