Big Hurdle Crossed

I have finally paid town council the outstanding amount just so that I can get them to sign the stupid letter pertaining to the transfer of ownership. It's not a small amount..but rather, an amount that could get me a decent netbook. Oh well, at least I settled it and now I just have to tighten my belt even harder. 


Oh yes, I got my mid year bonus already which explained why I could afford to pay them. But it wasn't after painful calculation and heartache from separation with the money that I can go merry-go-round with. But bottom line is that, once the transfer of ownership is done, they can take my cpf money away to pay for the housing instalments for all I care. I just want a roof over my family's head.


But I thought that well, even after paying them and other miscellaneous bills, at the very least, I managed to repay myself back the amount that I spent using my emergency savings, have some cash in my savings pouch from my daily savings as well as some money for spending inside my main bank, so it's not so bad. Still, it's not an excuse for me to go crazy. It's pretty unfortunate that this month because I have repaid myself back, it will be rather absurd for me to take it back again so that I can shop. I'm going to take yet another backseat again and be a good girl and not spend unnecessarily. 


I believe that if you know how to budget well, you can make do with what you have. There will be times when I get to buy what I want. Sometimes, you don't have to purposely shop around. Once in awhile, there will be good bargains where you can plonk your money down without any guilt because it's worth a buy. I call it the 'if I don't buy I will be an idiot' moment.


Now I just need a pair of sandals. Cheap one will do lah as long as I can wear back and forth to work. My current work sandals is falling apart. You just need a magic wand...or a big stone on the pavement which will break them apart if I accidentally hit against it.


Oh, by the way, my good friend Nats gave me three bags. Two have been worn to death but still breathing and the other is brand new. Ethnic looking, not really my style, but well..Im sure I will make the bag look good..heh. But I just love the two pre loved bags and one of it has really travelled the world with the owner and I call it the.......Natasha bag. *grins* The straps are worn out but so far, they are not breaking. Once they have broken and I can't wear it anymore, then it's alright to throw. 


But Im itching to buy a white coloured patent bag. I thought at first, I want to get a red coloured bag but then, it will be quite 'cheena' or chinese looking for me. It's not the bright colour coz I do have a hot pink bag..hehe. I still think white will look fine. I will keep a lookout for it though. 


For now, I will just take a chill pill and start living each single day doing things that I like or have to do like cut my rather long toe  nails (ok fine..too much info) instead of having to constantly worry how to 'expand' my budget. Things will fall into place. 

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts