Skip to main content

Gimme a Motivational Reward

Im currently aching from my shoulders. I thought I am used to the weight training but guess not. I suppose I was a bit overambitious and hence the aching. Anyway, currently on a tight mission to lose 3 kg because 'someone'..oklah, more like me, has not been successful last mth which is sad and I don't quite know what went wrong..hrm. It's ok, it's jz a number. I will work hard next time, no biggie....starting from later because my boss treated us out to some vegetarian food which thankfully didn't taste so bad. I also went for some team building event at a new school which was actually called EAS Day and there were dismal tasting finger food.

You know what, come to think of it, I think it was fated that I had to eat mostly vegetables and finger food that I couldn't even eat as coconut milk was one of the ingredients. How can it not be, they were Malay kuehs or snacks..pfft. I suppose it was fated that I had to eat the dismal food since I had put on 2 kg but Im seriously hoping it was due to me being bloated coz I often go to the toilet the last few days. Thankfully, it has stopped now. I was thinking that it could be a medical condition and I fret that.


Next month will start the fasting month and I am only left with this month to be at the gym. So far I have miraculously not skip any gym session and if I have to miss it, I will make up for it. Yup, it's that sheer determination..haha..which I didn't expect to have it in me since Im a naturally born sloth.


It's always good to have a food diary to keep track of what you have eaten. At one point of time, it did work for me when I first started out my aim to lose weight but then I get lazy trying to write it down so nowadays I just keep track of it mentally which drives my mum nuts especially when I'm sitting infront of her and saying it out loud the food I have eaten for the day so far. It's also good to know or at least expect what you will be eating later so that you don't just pop food into your mouth, namely calorie laden snacks, as you don't want to overeat later on. Plain water is always good as a filler before your next big meal if you have the hunger pangs and you are still not back home yet or it's not time to eat yet. It helps for me.


I think it's good to have a bit of a motivation. I suppose getting a new red bag will be......good? :D I am, after all, getting my mid year bonus very soon and I have to reward myself for the hard work put in, eh? Now I know how those kids feel when they do well in their exams and their parents reward them with a brand new handphone or Ipod. Lucky ass. This reward, I have to pay for it myself :S


So let's keep it that way, yah? A nice shiny new bag...whooooo.....wish me luck! 3 kgs, away you go! haha..


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...