Big Walk 2010

I actually skipped gym for the first time this year and only because.......I had to go big walk! So fun, though I tot the route was pretty short. Anyway, I was not able to go to the starting point because apparently the entry there was blocked by masses of people where most of them were actually queuing up to get their goody bag. There weren't exactly people who actually guided us big walkers to the meet up venue too and I think I ended up walking a rather big round. 


But it was okay. I might not have started from the starting point where I would have actually walked on the F1 route but at least I managed to start walking from the helix bridge. I heard from someone on facebook that I was lucky enough to get my way there on the bridge because she got stuck with the masses of people and were not able to move through. In fact, she had to take a bus to one point of the route instead.


I had to tackle the route myself though it was pretty easy as just the day before I went on the same route but on the opposite side of the road as my brother and I went to the Marina Bay and had to walk that way due to the diverted bus routes. I ended up finishing the route pretty early and was like..'huh? thats it?' and even contemplated going to the gym later on coz I didn't feel that tired. But anyhoo, coz I didn't collect my goody bag, had to walk back again and this time I managed to get to the starting point as the crowd had moved already *phewh* So overall, I got tired a bit coz no joke walking all the way back again but it was worth it, coz I got a fantastic goody bag. Anyway, I paid $10 for it so I deserve such a goody bag unlike the last time where I got mostly lousy coupons which I didn't use anyway..pfft.


I like the free umbrella :P though the most expensive will be the Singapore Flyer ticket where I can use it for free...wheeee!!! Not cheap you know, the tix..I think it's $29.90. But anyway my brother took the umbrella coz this morning, I was frantically trying to find it in my room but it was nowhere to be found and I suspected he took it even though I told him I wanted it. Oh well. 


I think the event would have been more fun if I had company but I guess next time then. I still dislike the shirt though coz it was too small for me as it was the only size left and I couldn't be more jealous seeing other people having the bigger sized one. Lucky can still fit in...well, somehow...


So here's a montage of the Big Walk event!





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts