TV Geek Special

This is a TV geek special so if you think Im going off track a bit like where are the juicy bits of my personal life, dude..it's in the title, TV GEEK SPECIAL.

Oh, before I start, let me make some entertainment news update which is quite a shocker..

Ronnie Kroell (yes, that man of the month on the sidebar), is finally, in the bottom three! Yes, apparently I talked about how unfocus he has been with a bit of distraction from Ben whom he dubbed as his biggest competitor but then at the same time, hoping he will be around as long as possible. If you're new to my blog, Im talking about Make me a Supermodel which you can find out more when you click on the link. You can even read the blogs over there and I can tell Ronnie has a HUGE fan base which also agree that he has been distracted but nevertheless still want him in the game and which I read that they actually voted the max of 30 times the minute they found out he was in the bottom three.

I guess they cant bear to see him all so sad and puppy dog looking eh?
















Anyway, happy belated birthday to you Ronnie. And that makes you like what...one year younger than me? Please, dont remind me. I hate to drop this bomb but as good looking as you are, I dont quite think you have the look of a high fashion but we shall see. But fortunately, Ronnie is very likeable unlike the rest which makes the audience swoon over him so unlike the other show America's Next Top Model, maybe he stands a good chance. Provided he doesnt screw up again.

Okay, back to my life. As you know Im a TV geek but despite that, my weekend is pretty boring because I dont have anything to look forward to watch on the telly. CSI:Miami, which I have been watching for the last few years, has ended its season 5 run and I could watch the reruns but this season has been quite a bore and almost forgettable with its shift on characters like Eric Delko and Ryan Wolfe having very bad days. Unless you think Im upset just because we're not talking about Horatio Caine here which is arguably my favourite character...uhm..one liners and all.

Oh, did you know he just started his own company called Lexicon which is a technology based one sorta like Apple Inc? See, the man is not only productive in the fertile department (he co-produced a baby after the age of 50 for gawd's sake) but is venturing into a business in the booming technology industry. And guess who made the discovery and watched the video pod, my brother. I have a story on him on a later post.

Well, Ugly Betty has ended its run and that reminds me, I have yet to read the recap on the last episode from Season 2 and Brothers and Sisters Season 2 is down to its last two episodes and so far the last few episodes have been boring and even the fans thought so because it is leaning too much towards politics. Rob Lowe plays this character as Senator Robert McCallister who is now in the middle of a presidential run, controversies and all, but the only McCallister people are interested in is his brother Jason which have yet to make an appearance ever since the first episode. He went to Malaysia to help build houses (seriously, Malaysia needs help to build houses?! If it is Cambodia, it makes sense) and didnt drop a phonecall to our dear Kevin which led him straight in the arms of his former boyfriend Scottie.

I like Scottie but if you ask me to choose between Scottie and Jason, it's a tough call. Well, Scottie is a rather emotional person which gets on my nerves at times like 'come on! be a man!' sorta way but he's cute. Then again, Jason's cute too. I hate Kevin. Speaking of which, even when the episodes have not been aired yet, rumour has it that he chose Scottie. Well, good for him.

Hrm, what else. Oh, Supernatural. You know what, I feel like cheating. I feel like borrowing the entire box set of Supernatural Season 2 and then watching it here on my computer because anything on channel 5 takes a bloody long time to screen but nope, I guess I can wait. Well, heard that it has been renewed and Season 3 is in the making. Season 2 shifts its focus on the boys and the relationship with each other after the loss of their father who sold his soul to the devil. Well, the bond that they share is tested a lot of times in this season because of Sam's fate as one of the chosen ones of Satan which explains why he has this gift of premonition of people about to die. Morbid, right? I wouldnt want that sort of premonition. I dont want to reveal the spoiler but in true big brother style, Dean made a pact. With who? Well, you have to watch the next few episodes. Or borrow the entire box set.

Well, Heroes ended its Season 2 run last December in the US but its loyal fans were apparently not happy as to how Heroes started off in the first eight episodes. Even the cast members agreed that they were a bit 'off' in the storylines. I mean, pfft....Sylar, voted the most favourite villain on tv, deemed powerless in the entire season? You've got to be kidding! Well, anyhoo, it is speculated that they are going to rewrite the entire season 2 and calling it volume II but how it progresses, depends on the writers' strike.

If you have been keeping up with the news, there is a writer's strike going on in the US which is so serious that even the Golden Globes is reduced to merely reading out the names of the winners in a press conference. No glitz and glamour. Apparently, it could end any minute now but the writers have been very hard core and no decision has been finalised yet.

If you have cable, there is a new sci fi show called Bionic Woman. It's a remake of the classic based on modern times about a woman who, after a freak car accident, is turned into a half cyborg with artificial limbs and eye that are almost indestructible. They gave her super agility, super strength and an x ray vision. Since it is a first season, you will see her exploring her new found powers but despite the show going off to a good start, apparently viewers complained that it is a drag watching the show as it went misaligned a bit with more focus on her relationship with her boyfriend. Oh, by the way it is HER boyfriend who turned her into a freak..I mean..bionic woman.

Hrm, what do I want on telly right now? Besides the obvious Make me a Supermodel, perhaps...Project Runway? Hopefully after Season 7 run in the US, they will show it in Singapore. How can I not be excited about it? In one episode, they made pretty dresses out of Hershey's chocolates! I want a dress I can eat out of it!

Over the Chinese New Year holidays, I have been watching Six Feet Under. Though not in full, the video clips do satisfy my tv hunger a bit and made me learn more about the characters. Make me curse over the fact on why the heck I never watched the show back then when they had the trailers on as well as on billboards at bus stops nearby my home no less. I like David Fisher. He is the middle sibling who dress all geeky and very much into the family business as the funeral director but he does try to have a life outside his job, though it does land him in trouble at times and easily forced to do things by others like taking drugs. He is SO funny when he is in trance like dancing like some crazed guy in the club when he got high on ecstasy.

I like how the show, which by the way at one point won Best Drama at the Golden Globes before, explore the vulnerabilities of the characters and yet at the same time, show a comical side to them as they have these moments where you just want to laugh your head off. David Fisher may seem uptight but he at times wished he was some Broadway performer, which by the way is his secret dream, if not for the family business that he is in. At times, you can see him living out his dream as his mind trails off somewhere whenever he is stuck in a situation he wishes he isnt in.

Well.......the drama ended and in his obituary (all the main characters would die one by one in the alternate future), it did say that he did accomplish his dream to be a well known performer and passed his business to his adopted son whom he taught the ropes at a young age. Unlike his older brother Nate who died in his thirties due to a terminal illness, he did live up to a ripe old age and died pretty quickly with a heart attack. Not only did he achieve his dream to become a performer, despite the glitches in his life, he did manage to live out his ideal life.

Shows like this are hard to find making Desperate Housewives nothing but a piece of _____. Oh by the way, Rachel Griffiths who is a regular on Brothers and Sisters, was one of the characters on Six Feet Under. And the very talented Michael C Hall who played David Fisher, is now in Dexter which is also doing very well. He's a very serious looking guy which is to his advantage but dont be fooled by his exterior because he can play out the various emotions really well that you can almost feel for his character.

Well, that's TV geek special for you!

Comments

Popular Posts