Chocolates vs Teddy Bears

I just read this blog by a close friend of mine and I happened to hear on the radio as well about this primary six boy which she blogged about, most prob about 12, looking forward to his date of the same age, while his mother's nagging loomed in the background. I thought it was sweet because when I was their age, boys of the same age group didnt quite appeal to me. I go for older boys..more precisely the ones from the secondary school next door..wearing the longer pants. I like.......

Okay, that is not the concern. Valentine's Day is coming and if you feel like you're being smothered to death by couples everywhere carrying huge bouquets of flowers or huge teddy bears (which to me equates to huge dust collectors), well, you're not alone. It's almost intoxicating and Im not even talking about being jealous here. To me, it's okay because the only date I am anticipating right now is on the 20th when I will be receiving my first full pay with this company. Now THAT's REAL LOVE!!

Uhm, being money minded aside, I er..had a little freak accident just now after work as I got down the bus in a hurry. No, I am okay although pretty 'scarred' a bit emotionally but since i assume no one witnessed it, I guess I can still survive and walking along pretty long stretches of walkways kinda cleared up my shell shock moment earlier.

But I didnt anticipate it and I will be more careful next time. Or die from embarassment.

Yesterday I read a fellow single girl columnist in the papers and she was talking about the exorbitant price tags of valentine's day packages. It made sense to make money on V Day because apparently, many guys still assume that when they spend a LOT of money on the girl, it will be like an ultimate declaration of love. Well, can I be that lucky girl? Heh..apparently, I dont ask for much either. Just give me a box of dark chocolates for me to stuff myself with and Im happy so long as it was not me who bought the chocolates coz I live by this unwritten rule that eating chocolates is okay...as long as I didnt buy them or they're given as gifts. Go figure.

I mean, Valentine's Day is a celebration of love alright but do you seriously need to spend hundreds of dollars on a bouquet of red roses that are probably going to die in mere days? But if you have the extra cash, my laptop is in dire need of a new turbo speed graphics card right now...so.......

Hey, at least I can do a hundred and one things with that refurbished laptop, no?

I guess everybody has their own idea of THE perfect Valentine's Day. It obviously doesnt exist in my life so I have no freaking idea what I want out of this sorrowful...I mean...so called special day because basically, I still have to go to work, I still have to buy groceries back home and I still have to read my daily dose of entertainment news on the net. I think back in my even younger days, uhm..precisely, in my teens, I was surrounded by too much fluff and too much anticipation for something that is never going to happen as I was caught up in my own dream world of a guy or guys I was crushing on asking me out on a date.

Nevertheless, I was naive and even went as far as roaming through internet chatrooms and phone dating services to find at least a boyfriend. Well, that never happened though many times came close to it until I realised they were a bunch of lovesick psychos and it was probably a good thing I woke up to reality...fast. So much so, being boyfriend-less now is no big deal for me although there are rare moments when I wished I had one...especially if he is the sort who will spend crazy money on a crazy valentine's day package for moi...hehe. I suppose the 'fluff' has never quite left me, eh?

Hrm, actually I have this idea on what to write about in my weekly column over at my friendster. So I havent been out on date before......and I havent received a single sincere gift from a guy before either too over the years. Bummer right? It's as if my taste is so freaking exquisite..like geez..Im not even asking for an expensive box of chocolates..haha..

Once that is up, I let you know. Meanwhile the blog is at the side profile box if you want to do some sniffin' on what it is like being all single mingle..

Comments

Popular Posts