Of Blogs and People

Let's face it. Blogs can be controversial but to completely shun it because of the fact that it can invite criticisms and the likes, is something I dont agree with. I find that blogs can be entertaining, educational even, informative and also a place to voice out what we dont get to say out loud because as 'open' our society claims to be, some people are just too stubborn to listen to what other people have to say. I wont say that it is a good thing to just keep things to ourselves and then one day we just explode out, which I would say, that keeping a blog is a good thing to 'let go' of such frustrations. But to me, it only boils down to the bloggers' moral ethics by not being so cruel to air people's dirty laundry over the internet or to bring shame to innocent people because I think that is just beyond belief when an intellectual person lacks the emotional intelligence.

I mean come on ah, how insensitive can you get? Even if you want to vent your frustrations, dont go around naming people because really, what will you get out of it? A guilt-ridden satisfaction? And worse, dont let your blog be a place to ridicule other people of whom you deemed to have a lower intellectual level than you. Like for example, in the recent case, for gawd's sake, they are only 8 to 9 year old students! If they're so freaking smart, they dont have to go to school! It's your freaking job to teach them even if you're mortified by their English standard. And then still got the cheek to post their compositions up to prove to your, I dunno....your fellow 'readers' that hey, you're right and these are the evidence.

But on a side note, I dont see cases like this, where your blog becomes a public affair, a main reason why blogs are just not good. To me, it's like making a sweeping statement and usually they tend to make such generalistic view because some blogs which made headlines or become famous are the sort that make a mockery out of others cajoling others to laugh with them and who are stupid enough to come back for more such mockery.

So sad....

Anyway, on a personal note, I got my first full pay with this new company. Im pretty disappointed that it is 30 d0llars less than I expected to get. I know you're thinking that..pffttt...it's only 30 dollars. But to me, money is still money and that amount can go quite far. I suspect that it was deducted because of the eve of the Chinese New Year's Day which we only worked for half a day in the morning. I mean, why I suspected that was because when I tried to apply leave online this morning (which was a big headache..) they put the CNY code there and put 0.5 day of leave taken. Im like...huh?!! And since that day have yet to count as a full month that we're with the company so if we take leave before the one month, it will be counted as a no pay leave.

But seriously, it's the eve of Chinese New Year! What the?! It just goes to show how money minded they are as they are happily slashing that 30 bucks out of people's salary because we didnt 'deserve' it as we didnt work those hours.

I might be wrong but how else can I explain that missing thirty dollars?

On a happier note, I am on my first leave tomorrow! Woohoo! It's not so much a vacation leave because I have to attend the appointment formalities and then collect some medicine for my dad. And then once finalised, if things go well, I will be officially resigning this Friday. Honestly, Im scared. It will be my first resignation so Im scared as to how the reaction of my supervisor would be.

Now this is a piece of news, which so far, only my team knows and two of my other colleagues of whom I am close to. Oh, correction, one of them...USED to be close to. I didnt spread it around. But someone had actually been telling around that we got interviewed by this future employer the first time I officially joined the company on the first day and then made it known also in that very same room few weeks later that we had to go for the medical check up. Yes, Im talking about that moody girl whose attitude, that people noticed, hasn't really been a good one. So im not alone in thinking the same way too, eh?

Look, Im not saying that she's wrong in asking her supposed friends, that she is more close to nowadays (figures..same attitude what), if they got an interview with them because they had also applied only before us. But she already asked them via messaging through the phones during the break before we officially join the company. It's just that does she have to say infront of others too later on? I thought it was something hush hush between us until people have been hearing around and Im like thinking..'huh? how they know?'

Anyway, maybe she didnt mean to do it on purpose just like what I did when my former supervisor came to our site on the very first day we went outfield. During the conversation, I only said that I went for one interview so far only with this ministry but no reply yet. But you know what? She told another ex supervisor of ours who later went to different teams and let others know that I was leaving.

They were shocked of course..and most definitely me too....because so far, I didnt mention that I was resigning but it did teach me to keep my mouth shut. I mean, within this small group of colleagues of mine, things spread like wildfire so upon confirmation that I got the job, I kept quiet . Well, lesson learnt what. When they asked me if I was leaving, I said I dont know coz I have not received a reply yet.

Im not acting all coy about it because eventually, people will know. But like what my colleague said, if people heard about it and then the supervisor got to know about it via these people instead of me, it wouldnt be a nice thing.

We shall see, eh? By the way, did I tell you that i Know who I will be partnering with next month? Man it sucks and today she showed her biggest selfish attitude when we went back to office just now and it was so overwhelming just now because she showed it via several instances that we just hated her face. Like she got this 'I got better things to do than being stuck in this room with all of you' look. When we tried to get her to share her opinions, she was like 'dunno..dunno!' and put up the newspapers to cover her face when we were talking about the glitches in our computer system which they thought were our mistake.

She got this phobia that people will be so fast to blame things on her that she would rather direct it to other people even with a simple task of taking the keys to the admin door. One of them was so frustrated with her because she knew which key to take but refused to take it and asked this person to take. And when she took it, she announce it to the admin guy there and blatantly pointing her finger at her saying, 'you see she take ah! I never take!' How would you feel when someone does that to you?!! So freaking irritating right? It's like she doesnt want to take responsibility at all and people simply cannot touch her. Then this colleague of mine who was taken aback by her attitude said that she is sexually deprived because she is in her forties and still unmarried.

So I cannot simply imagine working with her next month. Like Amy Winehouse sings..'NO..NO..NO!'

Comments

Popular Posts