It's Official

Oh. MY. Gawd. I watched the first episode of Project Runway Season 4 on tv! I cant believe it considering all this while I had been keeping up with the show via episode recaps on a certain entertainment blog. As I was watching, I was exclaiming to myself the names of the contestants which I could identify with most of the time....like...'Sweet P!'...'Rami!'....'Chris!'...'Christian!'..and finally saw Ricky too whom the blog writer and the commentators claimed as a crybaby coz he cried too easily. And oh, Jack! The hunk-a-lot...honestly, I was looking out for him more than the rest..heh.

Trust me, nowadays, my geekiness is in this order...internet geek, tv geek and followed by computer geek. Pretty much soon, I would be in my computer geek mode as I have to read this entire Dummis book on using a Mac OS x which my brother, a Mac fan, pointed out that this is an old version of Mac and the latest version is a..err...hrm, was it safari..leopard..honestly, I dont care. But I told him this was the only version they had (believe it or not..coming from the library) so deal with it! Okay that is more meant for me since I will be the one reading the book and at least mastering the basics.

Geez, sometimes I wish the school that I will be posted to is using a damn windows operating system. But it's okay, obviously Rahayu is prepared for any changes nowadays..pfftt..not a problem..although you know this is just small talk.

Okay so it has been finalised that I will be starting work on the 3rd march, which is...*gasp*..slightly more than a week later! Well, actually there were a few starting dates options all beginning on Monday but the earlier dates were 3rd March followed by 17th March. I was compelled to take the 17th March but it would be quite a long wait and already the wait to get this job took slightly more than a month later. But on the 3rd, it will give me enough time to give them a week's notice in regards to my departure. Actually, after signing the letter among the rest of them..about...17 of them with various posts...I realised that it's good thing I didnt take it on the 17th because it would coincide with my dad's hospital appointment.

So on that 3rd, I would be going for the induction, which is more or less like an orientation, at MDA over at Maxwell Road. After that, I would have to report to the school I have been posted to at about lunch time because the orientation is only for half a day.

Now, my only grouch is getting my first pay. It stated that if I joined after the 25th of the month, say..on the 26th, I will only be getting my first pay on April the 12th. But now that I am joining on the 3rd of March, will I be getting it in March or April? I mean, seriously the April pay will be a bloody long wait. I wanted to ask her when she got to my table and looked through the papers but I thought it would be quite an embarassing question asking about when I would be getting my pay. Darn, I should have asked her. But I kinda expected it and if anything else, I kinda have back up plans like my performance bonus coming from HPB in late March and also the monetary reward for the long term service award with HPB also. And on top of that, perhaps I will also be getting a week's worth of week with ST after my resignation.

So....I just hope that it will pretty much cover up and pray hard that it will be enough.

I dunno...nowadays, I am just so scared to think about whether I am able to support my family so I have been trying my best to spend lesser as much as I can even in terms of family's expenditure. As much as I try not to think about it, I just cant help thinking and worrying.

Anyway, Im just thankful also to my mum who, despite her paranoia with cleanliness and her rather controlling manner over my weekend movements, I appreciate what she had done for me. Like just now, she wanted to accompany to the headquarters and waited at the bus stop...for more than one hour. Well, I didnt expect the session to be that long even though I pretty much only knew that they would be going through a list of the terms. She complained a bit about it lah..but she was pretty much okay later as we took a bus down to Clementi because she was too lazy to cross over the bridge to the Buona Vista mrt.

I am also thankful in a way that she's not as naggy as my current partner at work who is this motherly figure. But as much as I appreciate her concern, many times, no..seriously, many times, at times it can be overbearing. I mean, if you were me, I bet there will come a time when enough is enough when your flaws kept on being pointed out no matter how minute it is only because I told her I appreciate what she's doing. From not standing up when drinking, to hold the bottle with my right hand, not bend over too much when sitting down, to pull up the neckline of my top a bit if it droops down..etc etc etc.

Now, I have come to a point where I am thinking...'goodness! Im not your freaking daughter! we're..working..colleagues.' So I hope she sees me more in the latter than the former because there's only so much I can tolerate when it comes to nagging sessions and that is my mum. My real mum. To me, she's not family so I just feel that her concern towards my wellbeing shouldnt be so overbearing. Even not just towards me but about other people in my workplace such as a colleague of mine which she heard is a smoker from an eyewitness which she then prompted me..or should I say..forced..to confess if she is one. I didnt want to tell actually but I was not happy over how she kept on saying and saying and putting the guilt on me when I didnt want to say it out.

I could have said 'no' but knowing her, it will be definitely be another one of those nagging sessions again.

Haiz. YOu know what..sometimes I wish that it is probably for the better that I leave this job and ultimately the headache of working with certain colleagues of mine.

Okay sleep time. So tomorrow is back to work..and..dum dee dum dum...dropping the bombshell moment with my supervisor.

Comments

Popular Posts