"My mum..the know it all"

mothers can be so rite...damn damn damn! esp my mum who has this tendency to 'fish' out those good friends..and those not so good friends..and it's not coz she doesn't like them or something. I know she's pretty fair and square (but she still won't admit her mistakes!) and she is willing to spend money on us esp buying us good food and stuff (like how often does ur mum treats u to swensons or pizzahut if she has that bit of extra cash?)..my mum does and usually during those moments i sorta forgot how she made me feel like i don't have a social life or something..khehkhehe..

but i don't quite like it if she's trying to 'control' me if i need to go out with a certain friend or what. i can't be telling them..'uhm sorrie, i can't go out with you today. my mum don't allow'...how primary school is that?! but yes..i still have to ask her if i can go out if my friends sorta ask if i am free or something in the upcoming saturday or weekend. Except for one fren...the rest i can't be saying..'wait ah..need to ask my mum first'. they'd be thinking..huh?! u can't make ur own decisions?!!!! no it's not that............okay, it's pretty complicated. i dunno if this comes with the fact that i am the eldest and the onlie sibling i have is still studying in primary school and havent reach puberty yet..bwahahaha...err..yeah lah...and then some more, he is the 'scaredy cat' sort like at most, he'll just go downstairs to e provision shop if asked to buy and no where further. And that is provided if i am not around. good lah in the sense he doesn't tend to mix with bad company outside..like 'eh ah boy! u alone is it?'..but judging from his girth..dunno who scared who lah..haha...(till in e end they found out how timid he can be..).

It means in other words, I have the added responsibility of buying stuffs back home like food or groceries no matter how tired I am from all the travelling during work. But if my mum is not feeling crappy that day (she has those days where she thinks shes not worth anything) ..then she'll just go out with my brother and does all the grocery shopping but confirm she will forget something and yes..she'll ask poor ol' me to get it for her..if not the family will 'suffer'. Yupz, they're that pathetic at times. Wah i tell ya, she can buy chocos, snacks...and other unnecessary stuffs and she'll forget the most essential stuffs like bread and tissue. So at times....when she reaches home then she'll come to full realisation that detergent is finishing, toothpaste is finishing....dishwashing liquid is finishing..then poor ol' me who is so tired has to make her way down past the coffeeshop full of pak ciks (uncles) who thinks their wives are so naggy might as well go for beer....just to get those items. Usually i don't go immediately coz i want to wash up first..change to new clothes...check my email then make my way down. A gal has to relax at times..! Or I went to the gym after work and i'm just so freakin tired...when i am relaxing in my room, she'll be like 'you have to go down later! i forgot to buy bread!' from the kitchen..BAH!

So you can totally tell that despite e popular belief that rahayu is so free..coz she's always online or something which means she's at home...or she replies to sms-es quickly like she is practically waiting for someone to leave her messages..whateva u can think of..trust me, ask me out and i will ALWAYS hesitate. The first person that i can imagine in my head is my mum..like how the heck am i gonna tell her...followed by my friend like how the heck is she gonna react if my mum got plans and don't let me go...so you see, it's not that easy. And it's especially harder if she doesnt quite like how that friend is treating me or something. Like she will tell me not to be so stupid...this person alreadi treat you like this or that..and why i am still at their beck and call. Er..not true wat...okaylah. i'll admit it...though i am complaining how i sometimes forsee myself as their 'maid' to buy groceries...or dinner..and coming home to do household chores before my father gets back home...and then help my brother is his hw...today i realised it is not coz my wants to 'keep' me for herself so she doesn't have to do so much work. It's more coz of how a few of my friends have been treating me. But i still think it's im e maid syndrome too...hrmph...

She sometimes knows better coz when she sees them..she sorta studies their characters and how sometimes too i'll complain about them coz i usually tell her if i have some problems with certain friends. Then if I need to go with them not coz i wanted to or something...jz that if i don't go, they'll make noise...she will say why i still want to go out with such people if they don't treat me nicely in the first place. Of coz..i'll say back that nolah..we will just meet for awhile...coz they say they promise they wont take long. But my mum would argue back saying thats what they say..but later when i finally meet them...they'll take their own sweet time, and i'll just be following their butts and i'll end up coming back home late. Oh, and how they can lah afford to come back home late coz their mothers don't really care about them so they have e freedom to come back when they want. For me? I have a lot of things to do at home and what will happen to the family if something happens to me. My dad is not that strong and dunno how long he'll continue working. *yawns....* Some more these friends are merely using me or putting me down like i ain't smart enough for them since i am such a 'yes' person..they don't respect me. *snoozes....* Yeah..can imagine me being subjected to such long long explanations as to why she thinks i shouldn't go out with this friend or that friend.

But as much as i hate to say how rite she can be at time..er..she is rite. For example...like my mum knows how i don't like to stay out so late at nite as if i got the stamina, (But if i'm back home..i'm practically like this nite owl) I'll just end up red eyed and yawning away...so she'll always say what is taking my friend or friends too long. What they are looking at until forget the time. Then she'll ask me to act fierce..say my mother wants me to go back home quickly. Haiz....it's times like these that i will feel so 'torn'...like uhm..so should i go with my mum or with my friend? Can't be telling them that my mum wants me to go back home quickly. It's pretty embarassing also having your mum calling you every so often to check out where i am and what time am i reaching home....to so-called irritate me until i will eventually come back home. Although I do sheepishly thinks that she is my life saviour of some sort if the whole meeting is about entertaining my friend's needs rather than mine....then such phone calls would come in handy! Like my mum wants me to be back home quickly..sort of excuse..hee.

Rite......as far as i know, sometimes i tink she's rite...like today. She was mad at me for making an appointment with a friend of mine..and telling her last minute. I jz kept forgetting to tell her as i tot it would be okay coz she didn't really tell me she got plans this saturday. And furthermore, the other time she said she might be going to my aunts place, I didn't really think that she was really gonna go. So i onlie managed to tell her yesterday of which she went balistic like why i still carried on and made an appointment despite her telling me that she is gonna go to my aunts place. Duh..she never told me specifically. She's always like beating around the bush..and if she's too busie beating the bush..normally i'll just shut it off and not think about it the next minute. how would i know she truly is going....

Alrite..so it's partially my fault for not consulting her first. i say partially not coz she's at fault or something..just that at this age and time..a.k.a. 'i am no longer a kid'....i should be treated like a proper adult like how i dont have to always consult her just to meet my friend to check out something..and not someone please. Where i want to go...I don't think I should be reporting to her..just as long as I tell her i am going out. Don't need to go into so much details...but halfway through nagging about me 'prefering' to go out with my friends than the family, she said something about it's not that she don't allow me. She doesn't like certain friends of mine...if she didn't allow me to go, i wouldn't have gone out the previous week during the birthday celebrations. She just doesnt like the way they treat me like i'm some kind of doormat.

Alrite..not wanting to talk much about it, it's onlie after I went out with them that i realised what she was makin such a fuss about. The fact that they are still my friends...I dont want to completely blame them either. Who wants to be so calculative when you're out there in the town like okay..exactly wat time you mz walk from one place to another..how long you should eat..how long you should sit down at starbucks...if you're so calculative..you cant exactly 'chill out' with your friends. And I can't be hinting to them with my brand new watch (ahem...) that hey..it's time to go now! Oh, and how would you know either the collections at some shops are worth a second look too? These are purely coincidental. Although the only opinion i hold is that...if I have been saying that we should be going or something or i'm running late...think they should understand my position too. Or they have gotten the hint numerous times but don't reallie do anything about it or keep sayin 'later' or 'finishing already' up to a point i shouldnt be repeating myself countless times. And i'll think about my mum....how i promised her i'll be early but she would doubt it coz my friends would definitely take their time looking at potential sales items. And erm..they'll probably won't end up buying anyway...

Argh!!! Sometimes I don't know whose side am i on. My mum or my friends? Being my mum...duh...she knows me too well though not very very well...and my friends? I can't ruin their day by being a spoilsport if i have to go back at a time considered too early for them or they feel they hardly walk around or hang out with me.

Haiz..the onlie thing i can do is wait for them to think the same thing as me...like how tired they are and that they should probably be heading home. And it is at that time..i'll be like 'yes!'....and quickly rush home to give the impression to my mum that you see..! I don't stay out that late. Of coz..my mum would be like 'you call that early?! Didn't i tell you your friends are gonna take their own sweet time?! Again you are like a doormat to them..' Haiz..............somebody please tell me it's not easy being a gal. More precisely.....a damsel in distress! Where's my white knight when i need him?! Argh.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts