"Felt Bad abt Me Dad.."

hey have you heard about the single 'you're beautiful' by james blunt? that song's practically about a guy singing and playing his guitar about this girl he saw at the subway..with another man..but she's too beautfiul for him that it's virtually impossible that they'll be together?! Oh my GAwDddd....!! Can you imagine how many guys out there have the same feeling towards me in the NEL (north-east line) train? I totally underestimated myself....

aniwae...am looking fwd to meeting up with my friends later on and thinking that my life will be 'happening' later, hee....I am currently lazying...around. I guess i explored my new internet banking which I had just set up yesterday..and paying my bills.....emailing to a buyer...watching the almighty GRANSAZERs! Totally didn't understand who is who...coz japanese people all look the same...bwahahaa..

let's see now. yesterday was payday...(woohoo!..) and of coz..usually around this time my mum would ask for a treat at Pizzahut. And after that sucky experience at the last pizza hut restaurant at Sengkang Compass Point, therefore we went to the Pizzahut we'd normally go to..Kovan. Can't believe they were too concerned about those taking away pizzas at the restaurant and the home deliveries and forgot to serve US HUNGRY PEOPLE at the restaurant itself. Can't believe we waited for one hour...ONE HOUR (!) and my mum was like we'll just leave lah after paying ..let them eat the pizza themselves. Like no way am i gonna let it happen so I told my mum we'll just wait yah...maybe they were held up or something. But after waiting for like an hour alreadi...we..I mean....I...couldn't take it and I said argh..never mind..we'll just go and pay and ask them what happened. So we went there..and i told my mum don't blow it coz i know she'll talk about her unhappiness yadah yadah..will be such total embarassment. K..I cant stop her from complaining on how slow it is and we had been promised to have the pizzas on our table from ten to twenty minutes but not an houR! But hey..actuallie it wasn't a bad idea that she complained..though not in a threating manner. We get the whole meal for free after the waitress found out that the crew preparing the pizzas screwed up! Woohoo! But the catch was that we had to wait for yet another 5 minutes if we wanted the meal for free. Okay *sucking thumb*...we'll do that...*giving doe eyed look*..Then after my mum felt guilty about eating the whole meal except for the pizza...(look who's complaining!)..she said maybe we'll go here again the next time for free meal. GAH!

So anyway, thank goodness this time she didn't keep her promise to go back to that sengkang pizza. Anyway the chicken was cold. That's unforgiveable even with a free pizza. So rite...thot i felt so mega hungry that day coupled with the fact it was pay day so tot of giving me treat. I ordered a spaghetti bolognaise usually ordered by dear brother onlie of which he was supposed to share with me. But all this while I onlie ate a pathetic piece of meatball....and a spoonful of spaghetti which he would complain it was too much alreadi. Eurgh.....aniwae, so this time i told my mum that I want MY OWN share...Then, we ordered that new cheesy lava and in this history of the Sedik Family, we ordered a non-Chicken Supreme pizza. About time!...Now they're less freaky about that medallions of pepperoni which I have to keep convincing them that no...it's not pork. But they'd be..but they look like it..and i'd again would be like.....nooooooooo.....it's not pork..

Okay FYI, prior to this I actuallie ate the garlic bread from Delifrance alreadi and it's onlie garlic bread, but after I slurped down a bit of summer vegetable soup, it sank in. Okay no I am not being lame about the garlic bread sinking in the vegetable soup, though it's passable...hee...I felt damn full. And I onlie ate one slice of pizza..never tasted my mum's baked pasta and ate like one piece of chicken onlie. I felt so full..that the next few spoonfuls came in damn damn slow..coz I didn't want to regurgitate what i ate earlier. But stubborn me...thinking that hey, tot we ordered two spaghetti bolognaise..and my mum said just forget it, we'll cancel it at the counter, I still demaded my spaghetti bolognaise. So k my mum called the waitress who was like 'they didn't give..?' like how strange it was...(it's probably one of their expressions of we-couldn't-possibly-make-a-mistake look..) and after 5 minutes later and eating contently on the salad which was the onlie thing that didnt make me feel like vomitting back, it came. And I regret asking for it..for I onlie managed to eat half of the bowl..by force. Then we wasted a whole lot of food also...like one of the bowl of soup we didn't fill up...one of the glasses we didn't drank. And all coz of my stupid idea of wanting to eat that spaghetti bolognaise all to myself...if I hadn't ordered it, then we didn't have order the two separate of meals of cheesy lava pasta and pasta. Then we didnt have to waste anything coz the three of us, onlie need one set of meal with a bit of extras like the chicken perhaps?!

And i wanted to help pay a bit..but my mum said it's okay she'll pay for it..then after i gave her the change, she commented that all my father's hardwork went into that wasted pizzahut food...coz she used his money that he just gave the nite earlier to her. It hit me..I felt so terribly bad!!!!! All this while, my father going to work every single day with onlie two days off in the whole month..his bad knee that hurts when he goes up and down the overhead bridge twice..and how he had to stand most of the time at work as he gave his seat away to the woman security guard (cant believe he's such a gentleman..) and how nowadays he seems breathless coz of all the walking and the climbing of stairs....WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!!!!! The guilt is too much to bear!!!!!!

I felt so horrible for wasting so much food at the pizza.like..wham bham! my father's hard work just went down the drain. After I met my mum again at Cold storage where she did some grocery shopping, I volunteered to pay for the groceries. She said it's okay..she can pay..I said..no, I felt so horrible for not finishing up the food and ordering the spaghetti of which I know I can't finish..Then, she told me that good...I learnt my lesson. But she still insisted on paying. Then I beat her to it..coz i said I wanted to make up for what I did just now so I just whipped out my atm card and have the groceries paid and thanking myself k at least she didn't spend over 50 dollars which she normally would..Phew! If she did, it would be a lesson well learnt.

Now I don't feel so bad but am extra careful when ordering. Doesn't mean u're so hungry now that you can buy so much food. Just order within ur limit or at least think about the hardwork that went in just to earn so and so amount of money coz u know us singaporeans..we don't earn as much as our overseas counterparts.

RIte then, shall get readi for the gathering later!

Comments

Popular Posts