"Moment of Foolishness"

It really stumps me on how some people can act out of foolishness and only be in the worst state of remorse later and the onlie way they can crawl out of their misery is to do something socially unethical. I'm talking about the loss of a child who only had weeks to live and die in the clutches of surgery 'weapons'. I couldn't say that I am totally against abortion but if it means that it would help to save the mum's life who is in a very critical condition, and that it is the onlie way out, then the doctor probably knows better. That would mean an even huge emotional loss for being 'helpless' against something that had no other way out and with that, I have all my sympathies for both the mother and baby. But for choosing to end the poor baby's life just because u're not ready, it's like saying, you're just better off dead because u don't know the true meaning of life. I mean it sounds harsh but for someone who has already lived a good chunk of their lives already being surrounded by love and by people who are always there for them in times of need, making such unrational decision just doesn't seem to fit in place. I mean, really..who am I to criticise people's actions because I am not in their shoes but I just feel some people should really wake up. It's like, oh okay, I have never been showered with love before from the opposite sex, don't know the meaning of physical bonding with ur one and only, but if you find yourself 'not ready' even when a life has just started to form, it's like...hell, I am better off than you all. I mean realie..it stinks that when people around my age look at me like one kind..as if I don't understand true love and how this 'mistake' is just natural...should just 'abort' and let go if u're not ready. What sort of thinking do you want to instil in me? That I should just go with the flow and think like the crowd? I mean....reallie, it truly is an act of unpreparedness...foolishness.....that one spur moment would ultimately lead to a lifetime of guilt. And what do they do about it? Just act normal after that and treat it like a black episode in ur life.

For the girls, it is one huge emotional mistake but it irks me sometimes, the guys just give the green light to give this baby a 'miss' just because he is not financially stable yet or still too young to handle the pressure of parenthood. Doesn't all this strike him before he start to get physically close? Do you want to marry and live for the rest of ur life with a guy who treats you like dirt but wants you bad to fulfill his sexual desires? Can't people just grow up and learn to face the facts instead of just hiding behind something so cruel and pretend nothing ever happened...?!! Age is truly just a number if you are getting older and older over the years but never seem to wise up. The advice given to the younger generation may be put to waste as they tend to replicate the behaviour of their slightly older generation whom they looked up to. If we still choose to live in a world where abortion is regarded as the best and easy solution as it onlie served as a barrier for our personal pursuits in terms of career or further studies, then sad to say, we still have a long long way to go. We still lack the understanding of humanity that there are even millions of other couples who cannot have a baby no matter how long they tried? And then those who had the unfortunate fate of not being able to conceive due to some life-threatening disease? How about those who are willing to spend thousands of dollars only to be able to have a baby? It's so sad that how we celebrate the fact that we are so much advanced now with all the given technology and the progressiveness of our society, compared to the past, but we lost touch of our inner conscience.

I hated the fact that my colleagues talked about abortion like it is something that is meant to be as the baby would only be a hindrance. Then when I said then they should have considered about it first but onlie to be rebuted that well when you are in the 'act of passion', you don't think.....then why don't you just cross any highway packed with cars.....and when you are lying in hospital (if you survived), are you going to tell me that you don't think either? If abortion is made to be an 'ok' thing to do, do you think people would stop at one? Sure, the physical pain of having to go through abortion may lead to one regretting their action, but once it's gone, do you think it will be for once?

Please grow up and think like an adult. If you jump into something without thinking about the consequences, it will not involve just you and your partner. If self respect that you want, perhaps you should start respecting others....and the lives that you just created. Peace for the aborted foetus.

Comments

Popular Posts