"Mocking me?!! You jz incurred my wrath!!"

life's prettie fun..if you believe me, you are almost at the brink of death. first up, I never went jogging today (wat happened to the 'i dont wanna be fat no more' gal?!!!) because it is a sunday, and i hate to jog on a sunday. I dunno..I have this thing that sundays are the hottest days..plus, when I was younger, I ALWAYS have a sore throat. Mz be the weather...alrite! i 'fess up. I AM L.A.Z.Y. It helped that last fridae I lost yet another 0.5kg..woohoo! To think the junk food that I have been eating does not contribute at all to the weight loss. FOod amazes me sometimes...

My brother, eversince he got the simscity4 and the rush hour expansion pack, it has made him glueD up to the pc. So, being the angelic big sister, who wishes to concentrate on things OTHER than the pc, has been doing other neat stuffs..an entrepreneural thingey...been making earrings and a kiddie lookalike necklace. Okay, the necklace part, I was damn boRed and I wanted to do something that involves stringing beads to a stRing. Don't ask....HoweveR, I am proud to say, I am off to a good staRt and I wanna thank my friend, Angie, for inspiring me all over again, to make earrings and other stuffs. Erm, I hope she likes the earrings I made and I have emphasised that my workmanship is not on par with the otheRs. But its okay..I took it up as a challenge and a neat hobbie coz I have always been fascinated with prettie accessories but dammit..why mz things in Singapore be supeR expensive for some things that even my kid bRother can do.

Well..that's me, the gal who sulks over everything but seems helpless when she has the opportunity to speak up. You know what...I hate people who look down on others jz coz the things we do are..minute....easy....non-brain-stimulating..eurgh...they're so hoRrible!

I was jz doing my monthly duty at the dental. Yeah, being all faithful..loyal...'i'm not worthy' crap..(wateva)...I have to do double duty on a saturday..something out of my job context (but they insist it is..again..WATEVA..) and most of the parents who visited the dental clinic for children are very nice. They're just thankful that you provide them with useful info and service. Okay..MOSTLY...because it is a free service as the govt schools are fully subsidised.

There was one guardian who protested when I told her over the fon that onlie Singapore students are granted the subsidy while her cousin has to pay the full fees because she is a private student and has no PR status. That is ridiculous. If you can affoRd a private education in Singapore, which is bloody expensive, don't tell me you can't afford the dental that cost less than S$50 for the minimum payment. Said that she's no fool..people are not telling her the exact figures to pay..and how come her cousin mz pay so much...I tell you..she's the biggeSt fool..people are alreadie telling her the minimum amount she has to pay which I think is good enuf alreadi. It's not as if we are doing a dental service over the phone and then said..'hrm..for the root canal I jz did over the phone, you have to pay 59 dollars. And 50 cents.' What nonsense! If she can't take the expenses in Singapore, I suggest she lets her cousin study in her own countRy. It's evident everywhere. If you have to reside in someone else's country temporarily, of course you are not granted their countRy's priviledges. You're not some god damn pResident..for crying out louD. Aniwae, I managed to tackle her tactfully...by jz talking in a monotonouS tone...the minimum sum...again and again. Yes, it was DAT irritating.

But I am digressing. Wat reallie irritated me was the parent who was making a mockeRy over the goodwill I am doing for his child. He received the letter from his son's dental clinic to go over to our side, for further treatment. And then his son, being a new case, I had to open up a new file for him. I gave him a slip of paper (which is a sticker actuallie..) to fill up all the required personal information. And he was like..'I jz gave you wat the paper. All the information are there..you fill it up yourself lah' I was like..okay..acting tough on me, eh? Then i told him, I needed his hp number...his son's drug allerGy if any, then to answer a set of questions relating to his son's medical recoRd. All he need to do for the latter is to tick 'no' or 'yes'. But again, he was mumbling while writing, he don't know if his son got any medical problems, he never brought his son to the doctor for check ups. I ignored him while trying my best to do the required documents quickly to get him off my back.

You know what was irritating after dat again? He kept passing me back the slip of info...saying like okay, you can fill up the rest...but I passed him back again, because he didnt write down his hp number..then he gave back to me again quickly without checking..then I said he didn't sign. Alrite..I was acting cool...

After I looked thru' the info...I peeled off the sticker, the one with all the info, and stuck it on the medical record sheet which had almost the exact thing with the sticker. But I think it's jz a time saver device..Oh heck, I didn't invent all this. He said, eh how come I never jz asked him to write on the medical record itself..then it's double duty since I merely pasted the sticker on the recoRd. I told him...nicely....that sometimes we asked the children to bring back the sticker for their parents to fill up so that the next time they came, we jz had to paste on the sticker to save time. Then he was like 'oh..' but he started making a mockeRy. He told his son 'you see...her job is to paste stickers'....then he was like chuckling...and said again'...haha....her job is to onlie paste stickeRs'....then, i tot, THANK GOODNESS..I am not doing this job permanently. Then, I felt bad like how the permanent staff are handling parents like this.

Then I pressed for his queue ticket..passed to him and was gesturing while half way explaining to him he would have to wait in the other corner (there were two waiting areas)..and he jz got up and cut me off by saying...'THANK YOU!!' loudly, as if saying that he need no explanation. Wat freaking RUDE!!!!!! Damn it..if you're so smaRt..why don't you jz go to a private clinic and not get freaking FREE service from us..u TWIT!

I told one permanent staff what he said about the pasting sticker thing, and she said that I should shoot back at him. Well..this isn't my permanent workplace so I didn't dare say anything, but thinking back..I should have, eh? He's freaking rude! And to think that he used ME as an example to his son...for mockeRy...that I am just pasting stickeR..as if gee, anyone can do that! What a freaking MORON! His son was like un-interested in anything..so he didn't reallie cares. That staff was like telling me that in her line of work, she met all sorts of people with attitude problem. There was one case where she asked the girl questions like if she had an appointment and she said 'dunno..'..then, if she got a letter from the dentist..and she said 'dunno..'...asked if her parent knew she came here alone..and again she said 'dunno'...which of course, agitated that staff. She asked..'do you go to school?'..which she finallie said 'yes..' And 'do you learn english?'..she said yes again. Okay, then the staff used that against her 'then you should know what I am asking you rite? Is 'dunno' the onlie woRd you know?!!' Wow..she's a prettie tough lady, I think they are all toughened up by experiences. Like those cases of parents who called when they didn't turn up and requested to change to the next saturday, of which they were told had been fullie booked, they burst out. They said how come cannot because they had an appointment in the first place, so they should get another date easily. The staff easily retorted back saying that they should have turned up in the first place since it is not easy to get an appointment on a saturday, for it being a half day onlie, so cannot blame them if the saturday is fully booked. After that they insisted that they are able to walk in and expected to be treated asap. Wat bull...wat about those who made appointments before hand? Should jz leave them alone?!

I tell ya..it's not jz this school dental clinic that have parents with attitude. In my line of work too..okay..my ACTUAL job scope, requires me to correspond with the school staff too, and parents too, but there are those who are still very apprehensive towards our service, like we're just there to check their little kiddies' eyesight. I still strongly feel that there is still a lot to be done, for the pre-school education, like teaching the little tykes to respect other people, regardless of their skin colour, physical appearance..and in my case, job scope. So wat if I am not a lawyer, a doctor....I still have my own self-respect, thank you very much. And then for a fact that they are not paying me a single cent for this service, and also our board is providing them with a FREE service, they should have been more grateful we are helping the younger Singaporeans be free from life threatening eye diseases through early detection. And also to have stronger healthier teeth on the dental side, by giving yet another free service for checking their teeth. If you want to make a mockery out of people who are doing your child a good favour, I seriously think that YOU are the one who are supposed to go back to school and learn all over again about 'courtesy'. Yes, those boring talks that schools conduct in the hall during assembly that we slept halfway through.

Talking about courtesy, very very seldom do I have children who says 'thank you' after I hand out stickers to them. What I do get is children jz snatching the stickers from me and going off. My team mate made them say 'thank you' before handing the stickers out. But the child had to think..imagine that..think wat to say when she asked 'what must you say if someone give you something?'..while there are some who don't have an answer of which she jz shrugged..'never mind'..

I am not going to do a blame game now. It's almost 2 am in the morning and I jz vented my frustrations regarding this very rude parent. Can I for once write happie stuff before my beauty slumber?? Well, at least....I will be sleeping soundly and not thinking about that moronic parent anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts