Deodorant vs Perfume

today is the start of the week of may. okay officially it was last sunday, which incidentally is may day too. Didn't do much that these past few days, save for the shopping for the stuffs to make our line of jewellery last saturday. Let's just say I was suffering from a mild case of rashes..thanks of course to my stupidity. Look, i got one advice for all of u: wateva works for ur fren/colleague/boyfriend/gal pal...may not always work for u. Or maybe it's just me for not knowing that there is a difference between a roll-on perfume and a roll-on deodorant. And what works for ur armpits may not work for the base of ur neck and ur neck itself. Unfortunately, I experienced it the hard way. I tot the way my colleague rolled on the perfume in a cute little tube on her blouse, her neck her arms made her look 'sensual' and I definitely want to carry out that look too even though earlie morning I had put on the hugo boss woman perfume. Eurgh..the name onlie sounded fanciful..but I onlie smelt the perfume the first time I put it on..and I never smelt the lingering smell thereafter. Infact, this happens to me for ALL kinds of perfume. but aniwae, I am so 'smart' I used a deodorant instead to roll onto my neck especially coz well.....people normally smell ur neck first..not ur armpits rite? not that i am encouraging....but it's the place where the smell would come out first.

So it worked for one day and the other day...of which the latter happened to be the day I worked out at the gym. So I was sweating and stuff coz I tried running on the treadmill which was so damn tiring I swear I saw a mirage. I was sweating like a pig....and my face and neck looked flushed though I loved that look. After that I bathed...put on the deodorant again...and the next day before going to work I rolled-on some more. However, in school..I started to itch...I just didn't feel too comfortable and it reminded of the time I was back in pre-university where i had the bad case of rashes on my neck. I was thinking...oh no, here it comes again...At nite, it got worse and ahem..despite alreadie having a thick neck..my neck looked thicker as the rashes made my neck swell. It looked red and raw...but still thinking that it could be due to heat and it was rather hot that nite..I went to bed with the fan stuck at swinging at my neck. The next day, my swollen neck didn't subside and instead it introduced another element: uncontrollable itchiness. And damn it..of all the saturdays, I had to work on this saturday!! It could have happened when I was laid back on alternative non working saturdays!! But no............it had to happen now and worse still..I had promised to go out scouting for materials later..in the hot and sunny weather...and the line of shops that we would be going..it's almost like sauna.

True enough...my neck felt like a thousand ants marching back and forth..back and forth..and it didn't help that my friend is well...kinda of a shopaholic who'd just stop to take a look at stuffs. She offered me some talcum powder to ease the itchiness but the rashes were still new so this kind of stuffs..it's like they have an anti-talcum powder or something..it just didn't work. Boy..after a few hours of suffering, I finalie came back home around 9 plus and bathed. Normally, I would take my own sweet time before I hit the showers..but the itchiness was unbearable and the weather being humid didn't help at all. After I slathered more and more powder and this powder is rather special a bit in which it has some cooling agent to it. So I felt refresh...ahhhhh.....

I had to rest at home..and not have my weekend jog for fear that it would promote the itchiness again. It was a rather boring weekend coz I got this sudden fear for the sun. And at home..I could put on loadsa powder to reduce the swelling and itch. Okay, officially, the itchiness has stopped but the skin has darked a bit esp the middle of my neck..there is like an uglie patch there. But it's okay..at least it doesn't look red and raw anymore. And being accustomed to this before, I know that in a matter of time..my neck colour would return to normal. No more of that stupidity...

Comments

Popular Posts