Confidence is Key!

I just saw this malay programme about women and how obssessed they can be about their looks and weight...partly because they wanna look good for men. I mean...okay..fine.......one of the possible reasons but losing ur lives over them..hell no!!!!!!! Like skin and bones, anyone? Na-uh..sure I am in the toughest battle of my life..which is to lose weight...but end up in just skin and bones? Na-uh! I'd rather be comparable to someone who is healthy-looking and radiant than a broom...thank U very much. To think that this anorexia and bullemic problem... is still very alive and kicking esp among our young female counteraparts..is so sad. Being impressionable infront of growing teenage guys..of whom, believe me..are very yummilicious...(rahayu distracted here...) still counts as the ultimate saviour between 'is it me or her?!!' And yes...rahayu being one who onlie had one chance encounter where the guy showed the slightest interest, (too bad I was a moron at that point of time), it reallie would sparkle any gal's day. Especially if u think that he's the type who wouldn't even take a look at u. It sorta boost ur self-confidence without paying heaps of money to self-help gurus. But to lose the vitality of ur life because u wanna look good for them? Not in my books.

It's reallie so extreme seing our young gals so easily influenced by what they see in magazines. Trust me gals..they don't look exactly like they do in real life as in the pics. Okay...some of them reallie do look better..but that's beside the point. Think of it this way: u are who u are...stop pretending to be someone else who would onlie make u sadder and more miserable. Then, if u are quite good at dabbling with digital images, believe me...I, rahayu, can look thin without running on a threadmill once a week to lost that 0.28kg of weight..(what the?!!...) You want flawless skin? NO problem either. I like to dabble in photoshop magic and I learn most of the tricks of trade via the internet...and guess wat? I once tried my hand on this one tutorial. I had a shock...the person did NOT have a flawless complexion and the nose was quite big. She had big pores everywhere...and it's like her skin had just been rubbed against sandpaper. But guess what? The photoshop made her have such flawless glowing skin that her previous rough textured skin was not anywhere on sight! I mean..like..what the hell?!!!! And her big nose..? It had been successfully shrunk in proportion to her face. Ta-dah!!!!! Instant glam!!!! It reallie inspired me to take a few of my self-pics for some experimentation. But the thought of being able to produce flawless skin, I made up some stupid poses..that would not look stupid after all if they are too busie admiring of my flawless skin!!! Bwahahaha.....!!!!!!!!

I reallie think that if u are in the midst of doing any form of exercise..such as cycling, walking instead of taking the feeder (short route) bus, or briskwalking at a park near u..trust me, doing these little bits will not make u too miserable. U know why? Because u are taking charge of ur life. And if u feel good about urself, u wouldn't care less about what others think that u are fat/plump/overweight/obese...because it's not as if u are mopping around think how miserable ur life is...over a tub of ice cream. Don't do it for them..do it for urself!!!! Think healthy..think positive.....and extreme dieting would onlie make u miserable rite? So don't do it!! Dont do it for the guys onlie too....I tell u, a guy is onlie worth it if he loves u for who u are..the one that u highly believe in. If they onlie go for babes....how much intelligence do you think he possess?!! He's probably not too open-minded enough that there is no such thing as a 'standardized' gal or guy.

Yah...I know, who am I to talk about such things when I am myself thinking how come I dont attract not even a speck of guy..at close range?! But then again...I wished that sometimes it wouldn't happen to me. Or I'd go ga-ga even if a construction worker is making wolf whistles at me. Then I have this notorious habit of comparing myself to my colleague. She's not exactly thin either but she wears clothes covered just enough to show off her curvy body and she has self-confidence that make guys, thin or plum..wanna be with her. I mean..I was always saying that I wish I was like her. If she wasn't looking, then I'd steal glances at her and think what makes her so special? She is friendlie..no doubt about that....unlike me..hahaha....there is this beefy post office supervisor working at our site..never failed to smile or make small talk to our 'prettie young things'...but if I passed by him, I'd give a stern face like..DO NOT DISTURB..me look. It worked but unfortunately, my colleagues no longer wanna take the keys from his table coz they just hate to fake a smile at him. So..yes truly, had to go get the keys...*yawnzz.........*

But, overtime I came to realise that she is who she is..and I am what I am...So what if I am not wearing a tight-fitting outfit that would onlie make me odd coz somehow I don't feel comfortable in them. And besides..there is no attraction in my job (or guys..for that matter) for me to wear a blouse two sizes down for all the curves in my body..heard or unheard of. I feel more 'springy' in a top that I don't have to constantly worry over how my roll of fat looks like when I sit this way or stand that way. You don't have to go for a top that is too big for u....or too small either. It's all a matter of being comfortable in wat u wear that also helps to enhance ur look. You can wear a plain top...and a fantastic and prettie looking skirt. Or accessorize!!! My colleague once wore a black top onlie...but she made prettie necklace and bracelet from orangey beads that her boyfriend tot she was dressed up for the occassion! It's little things like this that may make a guy think u know ur own style.

So forget about dieting like crazy! Instead adopt a healthier lifestyle....and trust me, it's not too easy in the beginning but u can do one! And then, invest in cheap but prettie accessories that can enhance ur plain dressing. Then, pay more attention to ur skin, making sure they are well-moisturised and that ur face is clean and sparkling! A guy likes a girl who is in control of herself!! Skin and bones is not the latest accessory and it will never be one too! Who would like to look at a walking skeleton? And then u are also more prone to getting sick and sickly looking is not an 'in' look. Oh, and walk and look at people with confidence...If someone indirectly or worse directly says something about ur weight..or ur look...don't get disheartened easily. Make it like a motivation for u to work a bit harder. But if u are already looking 'ideal' in ur books and this person just wanna spoil ur day....be a bad gal for once, and give him or her a good scolding!!!! Some people need a wake up call.

There will always be insensitive people around....and even if u are already slim or good looking, they may not be acceptable to that either! Eurgh...so clearly, u shouldn't think too much about stuffs! Look at it this way..worrying over mundane stuffs would onlie give u unnecessarily wrinkles!! So just be happie in ur own skin...ultimately, u onlie have one body and if u don't take good care of it, who will? Go on....smell the dawn of a new day!

Comments

Popular Posts