Bloggers' Symposium by NuffNang

I actually was very glad I registered for this symposium, though I still didn't bother to check out the meaning of the word, coz I actually learnt quite a lot of nifty things which I have been practising since the time I reached home. Though I thought it would have been better if I had written down instead, I guess I can manage coz many of the things I actually know already but now I know a bit more like how not to make myself distorted while making some changes to my physical appearance through photoshop..hehe.


While the thought of being there alone seemed very scary, I actually had a chance encounter with a teacher from school. I actually saw him while queuing to register but after several glances, I believed that I might have mistaken him for someone else instead who looked very much like him like his twin brother or something. In other words, I was so hoping it wasn't him..haha.


So oh well, can't just brush aside and say 'uhm..I cant be caught dead with you right now because we are not in the workplace', right? Then turned out that he was also attending the same workshop as me so die die no escape..haha.


He's kinda funny as well like when during tea break, after eating he wanted to go the gent and he was like telling me to stay there and don't move away..hehe. After he had gone to the gents, I actually didn't feel like going but he was like ok, now your turn to go to the ladies. I know I would have politely said 'not now' but oklah, no harm done since he had also volunteered to hold my thing as well.


Sigh, I was actually picturing myself that I would meet some guy who shares similar interest as me and then we'll ride into the sunset. Nevermind, next time then. Besides, I didn't feel 'attractive' anymore since the cheapskate in me preferred to walk all the way from Dhoby Gaut MRT to the SMU campus coz I could not be bothered to check the buses that goes there since the train is my usual mode of transport whenever I hop into town. So I was rather sweaty looking :S


I didn't ask anyone along coz I didn't expect to get picked since I was sure so many people would sign up coz Singapore has this rather huge blogging community and Im sure they want to see the top bloggers conducting the various workshops. I signed up for the Xiaxue workshop because I wanted to pick up some photoshop skills from her. It's more for that than for the person though she was funny throughout the workshop and at one point when someone was talking rather loudly on the phone, she remarked that doesn't mean she was concentrating on photoshopping, she can't hear. Then she said 'You want to die is it? I will write about you' in which the audience erupted into laughter. Well, if you don't know her, this girl is known for bitching on others on her blog so if you are caught in her radar, good luck to you.


She was a mini celebrity (like duh..) before and after the workshop so she wasn't entirely hated by many people. Sure she has some faults but her air of confidence is so great that she couldn't be bothered what people are saying half the time. Uhm, the other half time, if she's angry she will have something to say and that's when she starts rambling on her blog.


Nevertheless, the workshop wasn't about her entries but rather her photoshopping skills and I don't know how she does it, she actually photoshops every single picture of her so she will look more 'chio' or more attractive. I admit I do photoshop as well but mostly coz I have to since Im using a darn cameraphone with a low megapixel and I will not stop complaining about this until...........I get a new digicam so wait long long for it.
The Symposium at the SMU auditorium. Feels like some lecture will be conducted.

She's actually very tiny..

With her fans..



Free photoshoot by Canon. I wished they make me thinner though :/



Comments

Popular Posts