Skip to main content

Bloggers' Symposium by NuffNang

I actually was very glad I registered for this symposium, though I still didn't bother to check out the meaning of the word, coz I actually learnt quite a lot of nifty things which I have been practising since the time I reached home. Though I thought it would have been better if I had written down instead, I guess I can manage coz many of the things I actually know already but now I know a bit more like how not to make myself distorted while making some changes to my physical appearance through photoshop..hehe.


While the thought of being there alone seemed very scary, I actually had a chance encounter with a teacher from school. I actually saw him while queuing to register but after several glances, I believed that I might have mistaken him for someone else instead who looked very much like him like his twin brother or something. In other words, I was so hoping it wasn't him..haha.


So oh well, can't just brush aside and say 'uhm..I cant be caught dead with you right now because we are not in the workplace', right? Then turned out that he was also attending the same workshop as me so die die no escape..haha.


He's kinda funny as well like when during tea break, after eating he wanted to go the gent and he was like telling me to stay there and don't move away..hehe. After he had gone to the gents, I actually didn't feel like going but he was like ok, now your turn to go to the ladies. I know I would have politely said 'not now' but oklah, no harm done since he had also volunteered to hold my thing as well.


Sigh, I was actually picturing myself that I would meet some guy who shares similar interest as me and then we'll ride into the sunset. Nevermind, next time then. Besides, I didn't feel 'attractive' anymore since the cheapskate in me preferred to walk all the way from Dhoby Gaut MRT to the SMU campus coz I could not be bothered to check the buses that goes there since the train is my usual mode of transport whenever I hop into town. So I was rather sweaty looking :S


I didn't ask anyone along coz I didn't expect to get picked since I was sure so many people would sign up coz Singapore has this rather huge blogging community and Im sure they want to see the top bloggers conducting the various workshops. I signed up for the Xiaxue workshop because I wanted to pick up some photoshop skills from her. It's more for that than for the person though she was funny throughout the workshop and at one point when someone was talking rather loudly on the phone, she remarked that doesn't mean she was concentrating on photoshopping, she can't hear. Then she said 'You want to die is it? I will write about you' in which the audience erupted into laughter. Well, if you don't know her, this girl is known for bitching on others on her blog so if you are caught in her radar, good luck to you.


She was a mini celebrity (like duh..) before and after the workshop so she wasn't entirely hated by many people. Sure she has some faults but her air of confidence is so great that she couldn't be bothered what people are saying half the time. Uhm, the other half time, if she's angry she will have something to say and that's when she starts rambling on her blog.


Nevertheless, the workshop wasn't about her entries but rather her photoshopping skills and I don't know how she does it, she actually photoshops every single picture of her so she will look more 'chio' or more attractive. I admit I do photoshop as well but mostly coz I have to since Im using a darn cameraphone with a low megapixel and I will not stop complaining about this until...........I get a new digicam so wait long long for it.
The Symposium at the SMU auditorium. Feels like some lecture will be conducted.

She's actually very tiny..

With her fans..



Free photoshoot by Canon. I wished they make me thinner though :/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...