Lucky or Unlucky Me

I must admit that I did something rather unpleasant, at least for me, and I don't want to be so trapped like this anymore. In other words, so stupid like what was I thinking?


Anyway, if you want to know what I am ranting about, I gave my phone number to a total stranger who was obviously trying to get to know me and in normal circumstances I wouldn't give especially if I wasn't interested. But I ended up giving as I felt bad that he gave me his. I can't say like oh, I don't think I can. It started when this delivery guy came to deliver some 20 something boxes of simply chocolate cakes and I was pretty excited as their cakes are famous in Singapore and then I would get to eat them later. But I think the guy saw my excitement when I attended to him along with my other colleagues and out of no reason, he started to do this whispering motion thing, luckily not to my ears, that if he ordered through me, I would get a free cake. Of course, I don't anticipate buying the cake in the near future coz it is so bloody expensive so I was like, oh? okay..and then went about helping my other colleagues.


But then, he said again that if I orderd through him, I would get free cake and I just smiled and left it at there and attended to other things as well. Then before he left, I thought he was gesturing goodbye and I waved goodbye but he didn't stop at that :S He came back again and asked to write down his number so I grabbed a paper and pencil just so that I can get rid of him and get it over and done with. So that's fine until HE asked for mine and I don't know why I just went brain dead and that time and with a LOT of hesitation, I wrote down mine too. I was thinking, ah heck, just make friends but seriously, I don't think I want to be friends with him. 


So it's not the lure of the free cake that I gave my number to him in case you think Im that dense. Shortly after, he messaged me and asked me how I am and how was the cake and that was when my senses kicked in and I panicked. Big time. I messaged my friend and I didn't want to message him at all but later when she called me, she kinda psyched me to message him back because it was an opportunity to make friends with him. I gave her the idea that I was so spooked by this so called flirting game because I was so immature in this game (though I really am..) and that I shouldn't be scared of making new friends.


But he's such a major turn off! Like he got a pot belly! I didn't want to say anything to her because it's going to make me so shallow. Though I do admit I am shallow but seriously, who isn't? I don't pick and choose who I want to talk to, unless the person is really a waste of time, and then this guy is obviously in need of more than a friendship because in the past, I do encounter people like this before and based on other people's experience too, they do try to jump into a relationship so majorly fast ESPECIALLY if they look like the sort who uhm..don't get hooked up with girls pretty easily. Plus, I also thought that just because I am single, it doesn't mean that I can get hooked up with simply anybody just to end my dry spell as that is so ridiculous. So I don't want to drag this guy along and give him so much hope because there IS no hope.


I know I did mention before that hey, this year may be a lucky year where someone will FINALLY ask me out for a movie or dinner date and I will be so giddy with all the messages of sweet nothings and care and concern. I just don't anticipate it to start off this way and it's just so majorly awkward. Probably, after I have ignored his messages to be friends, I will receive some flak in my life in that I have to 'repay' back my unkindness towards him by giving him a could shoulder. Maybe it will be a LOOOOONG time later that someone will show some interest in me or WORSE, I have some interest in the person and then HE gives me the cold shoulder.


But seriously, it's a mistake on my part because I would have made the situation a bit more bearable by probably saying that I will call him instead if I need to order instead of 'willingly' giving him my number when I am clearly not interested with him. I promise to be more careful. Oh well, another lesson learnt..heh.

Comments

Popular Posts