Skip to main content

Sarcastic Social Workers

I have such a huge headache right now that I am going to retire to bed early. But I don't know if the headache comes about because some IDIOTS made me so fuming mad in the office that I can't help but rant and rant as they were so freaking irritating. Trust me, if I am angry beyond words for someone who is usually calm and collected, something must have triggered inside of me that I can just explode into a bloody mess if I can't contain myself. 


I don't understand the logic behind some people's mind over not being able to answer simple basic questions such as what is the purpose of their visit and where are they from. Two SIMPLE questions that can be answered in a jiffy but their refusal to answer made more exaggerated with their rolling eye gesture and their uncalled for demand to get the admin procedures over and done with. Like hello, asking the purpose of their visit is also part of the 'admin matters' if they want to call it that way as mentioned by them many times throughout my repeated questioning of their visit in my workplace.


They did not want to entertain other questions but just want to get the visitors passes asap like I have no freaking right to ask their purpose there. Fine if they refused but I don't get it also like why the FRACK they had to be so MAJORLY sarcastic to us when we asked them nicely and telling them as well that the students were having their oral and hence it was important we asked the purpose of their visit. Let me repeat. WE ASKED THEM NICELY. I even had the courtesy to ask them to take a seat while I call the person i/c and also tell them nicely again that I was not able to get the one i/c on the phone because she was not answering her call.


So in other words, there is no reason why that one bloody asshole had to be so sarcastic to us. I can't remember all that she had said because I was so fuming mad at her lack of respect for people like she was some kind of big shot. When my colleague asked for her identity card after I could not be bothered about entertaining her again, I heard her talking to my colleague that she will give her driving license and added on saying that this one will do because it had her picture on it in a square in case my colleague doubts that it is her license and if my colleague needs help spellling out her name (though she knew it was clearly on the license but it was just her 'license' to be sarcastic), she will be glad to spell out her name. And that was just the tip of the iceberg of her sarcasm. 


Before that, like I said, she said some other nasty things as well that my other colleagues had also taken notice because she was rather loud like making her sarcasm loud and clear. 


You know what, the best thing about this incident (now my turn to be sarcastic) is that they are social workers from a family service centre. If you don't live in Singapore, that is a place where they provide counselling for families and children. You heard it right. SOCIAL WORKERS. If this is the standard of the social workers who deal with people but with a lack of respect for other people, then Singaporeans is doomed. They should really be better off finding people with a sense of professionalism. This is too much. I know that not everyone can be nice and I have dealt with nasty people before but these....these people are gawd damn social workers!!!!! You don't have to be Singaporean to know what these people do. 


This was like the first time that I had to 'walk away' from a situation where I felt that I could be way nasty even though that sort of capability is actually beyond me as I am just not a short tempered person in general. But that was stepping way beyond the line of my limit. The anger that I contained towards them and not having to blow it up in their face gave me this migraine. So you can imagine how angry I am. 


Sigh these people ah, make my life span shorter only. Damn beyotches. My male colleague, who is the actual one who has the short temper, watched from afar after hearing the commotion made by them as they were making quite a ruckus in the office while waiting for the teacher i/c. In her midst of her sarcasm, I looked at him and said 'Did you hear that?' and he nodded just in case he thought I was a blabbering mess earlier on and he immediately went to the VP to feedback. I know that if he approached them, that's it man. I don't know if the police will be called over or what...haha. 


I don't know what kind of action will be taken by the VP because later on the teacher i/c, or rather the sole school counselor in our workplace, was of no help either as she was also teetering on our nerves too with her very rude mannerism as she explained that she had emailed to us that these people were visiting. That made me wonder, are all the social workers and counselors, after giving counseling sessions to people with problems, do they absorb these problems as well which made them all nasty and mean towards other people?


I wonder about that though. If that's the case, I really suggest they make a career switch like go army or something coz at least their anger and frustration has a place for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...