Skip to main content

Knight In Armour Who Can Repair

Sigh, he strikes again. After a few days of silence, he messaged me again with a 'good morning'. He won't give up, will he? But I am not able to entertain because like I said, I don't want to give him any false hope and plus, I don't have any desire to continue communicating with him. And yes, because of utter silliness of not being able to think up of a valid reason NOT to give my number, I shall bear the consequence later. 


Anyway, whatever. My male colleague was asking me if I called the delivery guy because he knew he gave his number to me but I was like,  heck no. I threw away the number in fact. And then, I was 'blaming' him for not helping me out and he counter said that he didn't know because there was so many people attending to the reception table. I argued saying that 'But...but...you should have said that no flirting is allowed! Then he defended himself by saying 'what do you want me to say?! Hello this is my daughter..you don't come and disturb her ho-kay..' Anyway, I thought that was hilarious...hee.

Well, that's my colleague. I like the friendly banters among us at times though they can be really caught up with work, unlike me because Im just not work-centric like them. Though my male colleague is really the type who has a short temper and a very questioning and no  nonsense type attitude, he really is a breath of fresh air with his hilarious antics. But he really sucks when he is in such a bad mood. He even asked me for movie updates although I don't even remember the last movie I ever watched because Im just not a movie fan though I do catch up with American pop culture every day. I knew Glee existed before the fever caught on in Singapore. So he watched the movie Kick-Ass based on MY recommendation. Coolness, eh?


When I wanted to borrow the digital camera from the office, before I even got to see the actual camera, I actually had to hear his lecture on the specs of digital cameras in general like what are the good ones and which functions to look out for. And may I emphasize that I didn't even propose in wanting to buy one but merely wanted to borrow. It even gave him the opportunity to boast about his purchase of his latest toy which is a lumix digital camera and the next day, he showed me the pictures taken with the camera. Like in everyone's life, I have to act interested like you  know, give them the opportunity to talk about their interests in life or even vent their frustrations. Unlike my brother who can cleverly see that Im not interested behind my fake interest (complicated?), many people don't see it.  I suspect they do but they don't give a damn, I suppose coz at least I bothered to listen.


Anyway, what is it with guys and tech toys? This relief teacher, who is younger than me, almost every day fawns over my new mac at work because of its wide screen. Im like, okay I geddit already, but do you have to say it every time? But that's like guys in general I suppose. I can bet with you that if you ever become the girlfriend of such guys who just love their toys be it their cars, their cameras or xbox, you are like the second love interest and never the first one.


Sometimes you have to drag them back to reality like hello, you got a life here as well but their wide knowledge can be astounding and you get to know things that other people wouldn't give a damn about. While shallow and budget conscious people like me will probably fawn over a pink camera that costs over 200 over dollars only and gloss over the specs, these people will think that I am loco. 


I may be single right now but if I ever decide to find a guy, I want the guy to be a multi tasker. Someone who has very good general interest in how things work and not just one who is constantly thinking of how to make money. To me, it's a definite necessity. He may have all the wealth in the world but if he can't even lift a finger to repair a leaking pipe or change a light bulb, we may have a problem there unless he uses his money to pay for the service instead. But really, tell me...you wouldn't mind him doing the dirty work instead don't you, instead of relying on someone else to do the work. He could also be the one who yanks you out from your dream land of buying that cheap hot pink camera which will probably not last beyond six months. 


Oh where oh where, is my knight in shining armour..tee hee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...