Food I like Part One

If you live in a multi racial country like Singapore where you can find so much varieties of food and often with great competitiveness among the popular food stalls and restaurants, and you are not caught up with the craze, something's wrong with you. Well, unless you are choosy or simply tired of eating all those good tasting food coz you have too much of it already over the years and have proof of it (e.g. fat). 


Honestly, if we can keep track of what we eat and eat in moderation, I seriously don't see any harm tucking into that plate of oily and fattening char kway teow coz it's seriously yummy judging from the hoards of people who queue up for it. And there is the emergence of food blogs where the bloggers will take pretty and mouth watering pics of food along with the review which can be a good thing for the food stalls or restaurants coz in this digital age, we often refer to the internet for the best recommendations. Last Sunday, the Sunday Times featured this phenomena in Singapore and Im not surprised coz like I said, we are foodies.


Well, if only life was like back then where I won't even blink when ordering chicken rice. But let me do this special edition as to what the heck Rahayu eats. Anyway, if there's any consolation, Im not a complete health nut and a complete nut for giving up ALL kinds of sinful food. And as much as I love me veggies, I hardly eat fruits though my fibre intake comes from eating wholemeal bread and biscuits like during lunch. But I shall try to eat more fruits, though..just as long as I don't have to cut them. See, the troublesomeness of fruits?! I like being fuss-free a.k.a Im simply lazy..haha.


Dry Yong Taufoo! Love it! But I either take bee hoon or laksa noodle. I take only one fried item and I don't drink much of the soup and absolutely no curry or laksa gravy. This is from Vivocity Banquet.

Stir Fry Beef from Banquet Marine Parade. It's not very oily. Im a stickler for food 'swimming' in oil.

Yu Mian Handmade Noodles. I hardly eat stir fry noodles but rather, soupy noodle dishes. This is yum.

I prefer eating scones rather than muffins. But coz it's made of empty calories due to the white flour, I will usually just eat like one and not eat much of lunch or eat it with wholemeal biscuits or bread.

Fried food are daaaaamn goood. But baaaad for your heart. Once in awhile its ok. Like this round pieces of calamari rings from the canteen near my office.


I've mentioned this before but I don't eat anything that has coconut milk / cream in them. So....that's like 90% of malay dishes, desserts and cakes and Im Malay myself :S Sorry future mother-in-laws.

With the exception of yong tau foo and the yu mian handmade noodles, I seldom eat the rest of the food like maybe just a once in a month treat though I have a little obsession thingey with the calamari rings and it's SoOOoo hard to limit myself to just a pack once a week. But whatever, somehow one day, I will get over it. I have other things that I would like to share but it's just so weird taking pics of photos but it's just my opinion.


See, it's not completely boring. At least got a bit of variety when it comes to my food choices though yes I admit, it's still limiting. What to do, life is not without any sacrifices. Correct?


More pics to come!

Comments

Popular Posts