Skip to main content

Mum in Black Mood Again

Hey, not bad I am pretending my phone is a blackberry while Im typing
away on my nokia's phone qwerty keyboard. While pple obssessed over
the usefulness and the sleek designs of iphone, i've always had my eye
on the blackberry. It is jz so uber cool. But like the iphone, I can't
afford the pricier data plan so forget abt it.

But that's how life is. Why get into unnecessary mess eh? By the way,
jz a quick update on mum's crazy situation jz now. She was into one of
her nonsensical moment again so early in the morning already. I pity
my brother because he got the short end of the stick as he was at home
so naturally he would hear his ramblings. She was jz angry as she had
planned for me to go to this certain restaurant to buy food for them
since I jz received my pay. She didn't tell me earlier what and I had
already informed her a few times that I would be going to the gym as
per normal. i don't usually go on Saturday but yeterday I had to
because I was paying back for last Sunday.

Then when I said okay fine, I will give up gym again, she changed her
mind hastily again and she demanded that I leave the house
immediately. I got so upset that I started to tear up even though I
told myself repeatedly that well, happiness is in my own hands so I
must NOT get upset.

But I jz have such sensitive heart it's hard not to be affected by it.
Like hello, when Justin from Ugly Betty asked his beau for a dance
infront of his family, I teared up. To him, it was a new beginning for
him and how can I not be so teary? His family is so supportive of him.
They even wanted to throw him a coming out party which is so wrong at
all level.

Im glad things have cooled down a bit but her next erratic mood swing
may jz er..swing by again. I really salute those people who live with
family members whom they have to put up with their nonsense especially
with parents in their prime age and having dementia or short temper as
they are slowly losing their abilities to take care of themselves.
What about caring for those with mentally or physically challenged
family members? Must be a real drain of emotions.

But we all have to be strong. Sure we like to say life is always
unfair but there are times when things do get better. I promise...

--
Sincerely,

Rahayu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...