Skip to main content

Ugly Betty Ending Soon!

Wow, I have been watching Ugly Betty for the last few weeks and I must say the episodes are getting better and better just as it was about to end. I don't mean end as in season finale..it's the finale of the finale. Ok for those who don't follow, Ugly Betty has been cancelled because of poor ratings. And crappy reality shows are on the rise and though I don't like the really close minded broadcasting here in Singapore, one thing I am glad for is that they don't waste money and people's time showing such crap. 


People are actually speculating the ending to Ugly Betty like who she is going to end up with and what is gonna happen to her like is she finally going to realise her dreams of writing for her own magazine. She is currently working for a fashion magazine but in the recent episode, Gio (yay!) fiercely tried to drill into her that fashion is not her passion but writing is.


Well, from the beginning, I want her to end up with Daniel but after reading some comments posted by long time watchers of Ugly Betty, they have more of a sibling relationship and it will be rather awkward to have them end up together. Plus, you can't hurry a relationship within the last two episodes even though they are there for each other through thick and thin throughout the four seasons. But whatever it is, Betty is inspirational. Infact, despite the writings being a bit 'off' with rather ridiculous plot lines in the mid seasons and may have somehow decreased the ratings, there are many things to learn from that show and doesn't always involve fashion. Lessons on love and life are thrown into them and you can't help but wonder about the truth behind them.


Like what Mark advised Justin when he was nervous about his first upcoming kiss with a girl in a theatre and also of whom he has a crush on, feelings will take over and you just know it and that he or she will know it too. Then the world turns grey and then there's only the two of you. How sweet, right? But turned out, sparks didn't fly when he kissed the girl and surprise surprise, someone else ignited the sparks instead. Either way, I still think it's very charming coz I can't help but be so won over by the young love..awwww....


Anyway, Im so gonna miss the comedic moments. Yes I know I have been rather harsh on the actress playing Betty when it got into season 2 and 3 coz I think she overacted. But maybe she's just being Betty who has this wide eye innocent over the things that happen around her despite being in embarrassing situations while at the same continuing to look for her shot at being an editor. Right now she is a junior features editor but I anticipate bigger things for this girl as the curtains fall on Ugly Betty.


So now, whether or not she ends up with Daniel, it doesn't matter. Her personal journey into realizing what she really wants (which is definitely not Fashion) is just beginning. Of course if Daniel ends up with her is fine too. But I do NOT want Henry into the picture and Im not the only hater..haha. Yes they made Henry seems to be her true love but I just don't like that guy who makes Betty a miserable mess because he is just so needy. I don't care if he's a geek but if a guy can't stand up to his rights on who he really loves, then Betty, he is definitely not for you. But Daniel is :) come on, you two have such great chemistry and nobody reads Daniel like you do! Not even his own mother.


Okay okay..I said I didn't care if he does not end up with Betty.


Two more episodes to go. Betty fans, get ready for tissue box!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...