Good Food

It's 3 am in the morning and I cant sleep. One can onlie take tossing and turning in the bed until a certain limit. I think I need a new mattress. I actually feel more comfy sleeping on my sofa (a guaranteed sleep) but it's only for napping and not the whole actual sleep. Besides Im too scared to sleep in it with the lights off..heh.

And Im having tummy ache now and the medicated oil seems to take its own sweet time to lessen the pain. If I go infront and grab a piece of bread, my mum who sleeps light will start to ask me questions. Im not going to answer to her at 3 freaking am in the morning.

You know, sometimes things throw you off track and then you will be scrambling to find the next best solution. For myself, I dont like to dwell on something too long. But Im sure it will get better...somehow. You dont have to try to read too deep into what I said coz I dont really get straight to the point. It's really just a repeated case of not having enough money, paranoid mother, extreme budgeting that give me a headache sometimes..blah blah....so yah, that pretty much sums up the core of my life too.

And on a personal front, Im forever battling with food issues. No Im not suffering from an eating disorder. Of course I do wish that there is no such thing as an unhealthy burger so that I can just gorge on that KFC Zinger burger or be transported back in time where to me, being healthy was not an issue. I just wallop anything that I see infront. Or on anyone's plate.

But you see, there is just so much to life. Nowadays, chronic diseases seem to be mutating and claiming more and more lives and unfortunately, a huge part of it comes from our eating habits. Life is just so unpredictable. But it doesnt mean that we should risk our life too easily. Like I often shudder when people try to cross the road dangerously like in the morning and when the traffic is heavy and they just dash across the road because the damn traffic light is so slow and because other people are doing it also and they need to rush to work. Life is already short. Why make it shorter? besides I dont want to be a witness to their carelessness.


Anyway, I mean why cant we all try to be grounded for once. Seriously, who doesnt want to eat good food but do we have to resort to that everyday? My colleagues eat good food bought from outside almost everyday because they think canteen food sucks like there is not enough salt or taste. But the recent health check they had in school made them think twice about what they put in their stomach that nowadays, they seem to have to think harder on what they want to buy. Of course it is not an easy habit and just now, they actually went to canteen to just go there and eat. When they told me they were going to canteen, Im like 'huh?!' And I thought they kept emphasizing they cant stomach canteen food (seriously, I dont find it bad) but I understand what they mean because this is a school canteen and you know how picky the government is about reducing the salt intake and to cut down on the oil thingey. Only feed healthy food to the children.

And oh, doesnt mean you're on the thin side you're any healthier which my colleague found out too because her recent check showed that her potassium level is too high. This means that her kidneys are at risk and if the level does not drop, or gets higher, her liver may also be affected. And I also found out a few staff had died before my time and and also as recently as last Saturday. They all died from cancer. This is a fatal disease and believe it or not, we all have the cancer cells in our body. They are dormant but once they start to get activated and when we find out too late, there is only so much the doctors can do. The cells will start to spread and your whole body system will start to shut down slowly.

I guess because of that also, they decided to eat canteen food also despite offers from other fellow colleagues to buy for them food outside. But one thing I admire about them also is how they dont question my choice of food during lunch. I think if I work with my ex colleagues, they probably think that I am going to kill myself. And then if I did eat something with my ex colleagues when we went out for lunch, it would always be either yong tau foo (soupy dish with non fried items) or rice with veggies. They wont complain about that though but I sure as hell am sick of them though.

But to me I felt that I have been fed good food all my life. So it's like 'been there, done that'. My parents were the type that hey, it's okay that we cant afford many things in life as long as our stomach is filled with good food although my father hardly buys food for himself. Uhm, maybe partly my fault too coz I often order more than one type but sometimes, I pitied him and leave a share of my food for him or my mum would give me a stern warning by saying 'Are you going to finish all that?!' which was enough to give me the guilty feeling.

So I dont know if this is my retribution..haha..that whenever I used to buy food from outside, it always feel that I have tried everything like what's new especially for malay food and chinese thai food. I guess thats why I love the occasional food like international cuisine like japanese food or turkish food.

In life, you can never be too careful. But hey, life is short so enjoy it while it lasts. Just know where your limits are :D

Comments

Popular Posts