Tricky Romance

Gosh I hate wireless network. It has the tendency to disconnect...so now, my room looks like an internet cafe with another long wire running from the router to my laptop so I can share the LAN network with the pc. Just one more thing to add to the mess of my room..which, by the way, I did attempt to clean just now..though I dont really see much of a difference.

Oh! Remember that Chuck entry I wrote earlier? I cant get that day out of my mind! Im like thinking...why Chuck had the sudden interest..to hang around the side of my cubicle and making mundane observation about my table like my pop up sticky pad dispenser (probably it's the most interesting part of my table?!). Okay..pfft...if it was like just a drop by or something, heck...I dont mind..but it took him more than 15 minutes (yes..it was that long..) till I prompted him like twice, asking him..'you're not going home yet?!' and he was like 'no....'

But I enjoyed having that conversation with Chuck, which he dominated, and everything I said based on what he asked seemed to be reciprocated by him in much looonger sentences. I do hope it's not the last time only because..well...not all guys can carry a proper conversation like him. He kinda reminded me of bugger which I blogged quite a lot last year. I've always thought that when women talk to men, women tend to talk more coz we're talkative in nature..haha..But these two guys seemed to go against the type and I hope it's not coz of me. It would kinda make me seem like a bad conversationalist..haha..

And that kinda get me thinking. About office romance. No not about me and Chuck but in general. Would you engage in an office romance? I kinda entertained this thought a bit back in my old workplace..you know...me..and the guys that I would see often in the gym..heh. I mean, really, if love is to strike you, it doesnt really matter who...when...or where...and if the timing is right and the mood is right, why not?

But! It's a bloody tricky business. People will talk, definitely...judge what they want whether they are wrong or right. And if you're the sort who can bypass that, it is possible to carry on an office affair. Who the frack cares? It's your frikkin' life. I think the only problem is whether you are able to carry the weight on your shoulder and it really sucks if you're dating someone from office and you see him every day
*yawns*. Like..'oh..hi..there u are..again.' It takes the fun out of missing each other and then looking forward to the day when you finally meet and go on a date together.

And then at the same time, you cant flirt or make eye contact with the opposite sex, specifically the more attractive ones, because someone will be watching. But I do not rule out possible friendly dinner dates or movie dates with someone from office. I just have the problem of people making fun out of it because we're obviously not an open minded society who has problems getting the idea that a male and a female can be just friends.

After last Friday's conversation with Chuck, I do not know if my colleague is going to be all moody on me again. He is after all, one of her favourite colleagues which include other male teachers also whom she seems to be always extra friendly with. Not bad ah, she. I thought no one could turn on a flirt button like me...haha.

Anyway, I got no time for office politics. Or romance.

Speaking of romance, over the weekend I had been a wee bit obssessed over this drama about a small texan town with dysfunctional family members and crazy neighbours. It was supposed to be funny and crude at the same time and starred some of the bigwigs of the 80s popular dramas.

Okay, more like I was quite obssessed with one of the stars of the show. I thought he was good looking but in the show, because of his crazy family members, he would throw a hissy fit when he gets a bit emotional like no one takes him seriously. I googled on the show and then I found out he's married...to the show's creator and writer.

Darn it.

But the thing is, my second obssession (or was it third?) about him is that he's married...to someone older than him. I thought..chet...no biggie. Just like Demi Moore and her toy boy. But as I was lying in bed and then doing the math about their age gap based on their birth years (it was better than counting sheep), I found out that, their age difference is 23 years. GASP!!!!!!

He did mention about his concern dating someone older like what people would think. But a friend of his told him that people were going to judge anyway, whoever he dates. He just have to not care about what they say! Well, apparently, they have been married for more than four years. If only he found out my existence earlier. He wouldnt be in such a fix. But I dont share the love of Madonna and classic dramas like him.

So hey, imagine me dating a celebrity. Okay if you cant imagine that, imagine the perks that come along with that. I used to have a neighbour back at my late grandma's place and one of her girls married a Malay celebrity who also came from a famous family of acting background.

But who am I. I think if I really were to go out with someone quite famous, they would probably think that I am the worst choice ever..haha..who often gets critically slammed by the media for being the most unpretty and most uninteresting choice of love candidate ever.

Seriously, who cares. I just want to make beautiful ang moh babies...who hopefully dont follow my side of genes.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts