Of Computers and Guys

My computer is currently having a meltdown...and you wonder how I can still type. Well, meltdown in this case means that it is housekeeping time! It will start to lag and thats when I have to delete unnecessary stuffs..like softwares, documents or pictures..oh..especially pictures..to give back space (backspace..as in the button..okay, lame..) for more unnecessary stuffs in the future. I do it at random but not really a thorough one coz that will mean waiting time..and.....a rather long time without the usage of computer. That is..so..unbearable!!


But I must give my computer a round of applause for tahan-ing with me all these 5 years where other computers may not be able to survive this long given that this is a very basic computer and how I use it for long stretch of hours every night or day. I cant say the same for the keyboards though...pity. And my printers (yes that's a plural) have also survived with me all these years. Of course there are the occasional breakdowns including one very major one two years ago but other than that, I brought it back to life myself. I will never give you up!! SO dont die on me now!


Talking about computers, Im very the lazy to do this freaking draft..as if it is a draft..pfft...that shows snapshots of an I.T. guidebook based on this internal software system that we have in our office and satellite clinics. I could do it in an hour or two but alah.............this is a group effort! I cant be doing everything while people will just point here..point there...ask to remove this..remove that...add this add that...based on the framework, which to me...is not just a framework. Might as well qualify as the actual thing itself. I mean seriously, when they say they are going to do an I.T. project this year, half of me is excited while the other half of me want to creep into some hole coz I will feel victimized later. And victimized I became. I tried to shut up most of the time when they spent like an hour or so talking about things that I could solve in less than 5 minutes and it was super hard to control. Like complaining they have to type out the web address for the system every time they log in and I was like thinking..cant they just save it under internet options? And they spent half an hour talking about ways to solve the problem.


When they get back to me and ask if I think I now how to do it..im like..'errr..no..' and Im probably the worst liar in the world. Then there was one time they were puzzled why the system in the Woodlands clinic doesnt seem to have the problem as the other sattelite clinics and asked if I had anything to do with it since I was attached there. Like hello?! Does everything to do with computers have to do with me?! ok so I denied doing the configurations..


Look, I am not trying to make a big hoo haa over something that Im probably passionate about next to this guy below..






But seriously, Im not into the idea that doesnt mean someone knows something more than you, might as well dump the whole thing onto this poor fella. Yes so it is still being discussed as a whole..well..almost...but..I think it's a lousy excuse to say that oh, you have zilch knowledge on this so might as well not get involved in it and just stay by the sidewalk. Then do what? Act like some bimbo-ish cheerleader? In the end, they get the credits too coz the final scoring doesnt say who does more work or who totally slacked.


Im just going to do a chop chop thingey on this...and not make it so gawd damn perfect even though I have the tendency to lean towards that when it comes to such things. But no..rahayu has to put a firm hold on this. Fine, I can do the framework as a starting point. Then, when it comes to finetuning it, dont they dare pass the buck to me again as a whole. I will still get involved in it since it is after all a group effort but I would rather let it be as it is..a group effort.


Anyway, enough about my whining. Heh, talking about computers, just now one of my colleagues had some problem with her pc and she called one of the computer guys to come take a look. When he came, she called me over and I was like whats up since there was a guy already attending to it. Then she told me if I can hear any noise coming from the computer and I tried to listen to it and I said..err..dont have? She also told the guy that her screen vibrated just now but the guy said most probably coz it was next to the shredder so the current passed through the monitor causing it to vibrate. Or it could be just the static.


Then, I was standing there wondering..err..am I even needed in the picture..until the guy bent down over the computer to hear out the sound and she signalled to me about the guy..giving the thumbs up and the look that this guy is cute. Ok, he's a malay guy and yah, he is rather good looking and I said yesh..okay more like nod in approval..and then I realised why the heck she called me over. She wanted me to see him in person! what the heck...and here I was trying to figure out why I couldnt hear any sound coming from the pc.


Oh, there was another encounter as me and my colleagues from the same cluster were entering the door to the pantry and another group of people went out supposedly just finished their meeting. And I was like wah...it's damn hard to see good looking guys which only exist in certain departments like the research and Im so ..wah...until it came to the last guy whom I suspect is a malay..but a damn fair one who is rather good looking and has nice hazel brown eyes. Why I even knew the colour of the eyes coz I had eye contact with him coz I was like..hrm..it's not every time I see malay guys lurking around our office building except maybe the technicians..certainly not in shirt and tie. And I guess he was puzzled too there is a malay girl existing in this damn building who is not minah-ish (seriously, there seems to be a slow influx of them..) or mature-ish (a.k.a mother of two).


He looked like the singer from suria..something anjani...or what..is it the song he sang that had anjani in it..gah! DOnt ask me anything about malay music..be it classic or modern. I know siti nurhaliza exists but the only song I know from her is Aku Cinta Pada Mu which was yonks ago. He seriously looked like him that I even thought heck..could it be him?


Anyway, the funny bit was that my colleague infront of me turned behind to see me after he walked past and she gave me this sly look and I said..'potensi...' (potential)..haha....we're so gatal!


Well, maybe there will be another chance encounter but that is as rare as the fire drills at my workplace. During that time, I pity the volunteer civil defence guys who will talk about our timing and other crappy shit coz we're so concentrated on picking out the handsome guys and the not so handsome ones. If they're lucky, we gossip about them too. I guess they are also wondering the same like..'i've never seen this babe around before..'...aaah...the honour of being called a babe....But sorry guys, Im more focused on the CD guys especially those who spend more time at the gym and have those gorgeous biceps to show off.


Yup, thats life in office and tomorrow, since it is the eve of national day, I have to wear red and white. Unfortunately for them, rahayu dont do solely red and white unless they want me to drape myself with the singapore flag. Im wearing black pants coz gawd knows what games they want us to play..tsk...hate that..so I dont want the whole department to know I wear thongs. (just a fancy term for my granny pants)....


And let's hope..my fellow readers..or reader..tomorrow I get to see more of the good looking chinese guys around..like maybe stun them again as they open the door to the pantry. I so want to see this one guy..who uhm...is rather short lah..who am I kidding..he's shorter than me..but he's good looking. At least in my terms..you know those boleh tahan looks but not the sort that kills me or impress me so much till I go blind.



That will be a very good national day for me with the fireworks burning my intestines inside. butterflies in the stomach? So overrated.

Comments

Popular Posts