Busy Sunday

wello...

last sunday was a super busy day for me and it was so freaking hot outside...im even wondering why the heck am I even outside!! It has always been a false notion for me that sundays are super hot days..coz probably most of the Singaporeans are prowling out in the streets taking up the shady spots leaving the rest of us to roast under the burning sun. Okay so I was being dramatic but seriously, me walking in the traditional baju kurung..taking the bus that made so many numerous turns..and then breaking down halfway...making us wait for another one in the barely shady bus stop..hello? being dramatic is an understatement! I was also rushing for time coz I had to meet two of my friends in about two hours time after the wedding held in the middle of nowhere..seriously, doesnt mean the rent is cheaper you should set up the damn restaurant there! Okay rahayu being super pissed. Pity those guests who drove there and then their cars had the wheels clamped afterwards. And so they got stuck in the 'desert' even though their car was right there but could not drive back home. But cant blame them coz there was no parking space available either.


Haiz....can I just name the restaurant here? My gawd..I know Im not a big fan of the dishes served at wedding but this is like THE MOST PATHETIC buffet that I ever saw. I cant believe each one was served two small slices of tempeh (fermented soya bean cakes) like two ring fingers and two small pieces of cut chicken probably cut to the smallest size possible and then smothered with a very thin layer almost invisible gravy. Plus they actually hired people to serve those to us?!!! What..tempeh also want to ration?! I actually ate the briyani rice with the gado gado pieces made up of tempeh slices, cucumbers, cabbages and pineapple pieces poured with a bit of its gravy. But I was not alone in doing that. The popiahs and the kuih pieces were cut in a way..u know the normal slice of rectangular kuihs? It is almost like they cut it into a further four pieces. The popiahs were cut into the same four small pieces and inside were bananas.


But I just think the tempeh thing was pathetic. I dont even think it should even exist as one of the so called dishes served except as part of the the gado gado. And it's a restaurant?!!!!!!! Okaylah plus point is that it is damn healthy..coz I almost felt like a vegetarian.


Nevertheless, at least I was quite happy sitting around with my colleagues especially with those I didnt get to mingle around in the office ever since we got separated into different clusters..


Oh, here are some of the pictures that I took on Sunday. Among them are the wedding highlights, sherry's little baby niece (she's an official auntie now!), and a fat 12 year old cat that showed her divaness when the baby woke up and all attention was on her instead. I tried to shower my attention on her but she was so mad at us she gave us dagger stares and wanted to scratch me and then her own owner when we tried to touch her later. Wah just now manja like nobody's business and then giving this attitude. Tsk..anyway it's a small wonder coz they named her after the hongkong actress cecilia coz the previous owner was a hongkie. Nats was like..hrm..I see the resemblance..


But I still like the cat! SO freaking fat! I like! And to think it is 12 years old which is the same age as my brother.
























Comments

Popular Posts