Csi:Miami Freak!

You know what..i am so freakin' excited coz i jz entered a contest in regards to CSI:Miami! I love that show..dont mind me..and if you're into the original CSI series and view MY miami as lame, then...why are you even reading my blog? haha..narh, as much as I respect ur views, I don't like My miami to be lambasted like it doesn't deserve the airplay just as much as CSi original. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All the three CSI series are great in their own way and caters to people with different views..different opinions..uhm..different mental threshold on the gruesomeness of the graphical forensics and dead bodies. Jerry Bruckhemier, creator of the three CSI series is a brilliant man..and he did make a huge huge effort differentiating all his shows while retaining the same concept. I don't say that CSI:Miami is the best of all (although I am so freakin' tempted to say that) but without the original series ending its one of the previous seasons, I wouldn't have been introduced to Miami. Yeah, sure I thought..great..a COPYCAT...and I don't reallie fancy that one dude..Eric..though I still hate him now..haha. But overtime, eh..what am I saying..that first single episode had me hooked till now.


And I thought, to win the contest, is to ultimately declare me as their ultimate fan. Okay, if I don't take part in it, I'll only be a sore loser. It simply asked if I were to lead a csi team, which one would it be..The Miami team..or the New York team. Both of these cities, are hugely related to my hero CSi Miami supervisor, Lt Horatio Caine (even in real life), and incidentally the up and coming two episodes to be showcased next week shows the transition of one fugitive from one city to another. And that...got Lt Caine hot on his heels, along with the numerous murders on the way, and that means..I got to see him in two freakin' hours!!! Man, I've got to make an early reservation on this coming tuesday. Oh, by the way, I don't know bout csi:ny though...but I do know that this csi:miami is actually the latest season to be showcased which is season 4. I am so excited to watch the next season although it was recently that they concluded the filming for the season. Next year, they are going to film for season 5 of which its storylines are being kept in the dark..even the actors themselves have no idea..although they guessed that there will be far more actions. Season 4 basically features lt Caine in a different light as it affected him personally when Miami's most famous gang went after him and his loved one (yes..he got married..bloody hell) and it become personal after his new bride died...*sniggers*..(alright im cruel). I mean, throughout the seasons, Lt Caine was portrayed as one who is unafraid of threats imposed by the gang members as they were captured for bombings...murders..drugs..attempted bombings...(Dunno why they love to blow things up)..and I would say they were getting more and more impatient with him. I mean, duh..it doesnt take a genius to figure out that he will eventually be their target next..as he was always standing in their way as he believes in standing up for the victims at all cost. Well, season 4 proves to be the ultimate revenge season. By the way, the rest of the characters, I've read the storylines of their characters..and I would say...some are a waste of time although CSI Ryan Wolfe would have a bit of a limelight in this new season being under the scrutiny of the FBI and a rare eye disease. Apparently, there is a mole in the department, of which the identity will only be revealed towards the end of the season. The mole has been dispensing information to the federal people which caused a lot of chaos which eventually led to the closing down of the lab which was a huge problem. The problem being it would hamper investigations especially for the last few critical moments.



I know David Caruso has been under a lot of flak especially by die hard csi fans. I know that...he has these trademarks..like standing with his hands on his hips..his sunglasses...and his rather one tone voice. But give him a break will ya? YOu don't know his character well. I mean, his character as Lt Horatio Caine. Caine may be seen as cool as ice of which he seemed to be lacking of emotions. But he has gone through so much in his personal life being one full of anger and rage after seeing his mother died in the hands of a drug dealer. Even at a young age, he witnessed violence infront of him claiming innocent victims as people of that time were strong revolutionarists fighting one bloody war after another. They believe in the things they stand for and will fight for their rights even if it means having to die or kill someone. But seeing people dying right infront of him, and believing in the words of his mother, that one's strength doesnt lie in his hands but in his mind..he chose to seek the help of the police to help capture his mum's killers. He found his calling to use the strength of his mind to protect the city and not the strength of his hands..to protect the city obtaining a deg in chemistry and joining the police academy.


So what you're seeing is Caine as a three dimensional thinker and someone who believes in his gut feelings and you don't expect him to jump around as a monkey do you? I mean..every leading guy must be a lunatic is it..full of anger and emotions and a revenge seeking mind (like tom cruise in MI3). The real caine isn't like this but one with a wicked sense of humour and who is as easy going as hell..but the FBI's is continually on his lookout and just waiting to grab him by his collars if he ever make a mistake. Even his own people are not let off by them easily as this time, Ryan Wolfe will be their next target after Delko, Calleigh, Dr Alexx Woods and even one of their lab's assistant. So Caine has to be 110% into his job and cant afford to let his guard down because he not only has to protect the city..but to protect his 'baby' which is the Miami Dade's crime lab and the people in it. It is the only place that can help speak for the victims by finding the evidence and the eventual killers even if the finance department is unhappy when he makes big purchases of the latest equipments as he is willing to do anything to get the job done.


If you don't understand his character, it is easy to label him. It's like judging a book from its cover. So just let him off will ya? And what are you trying to do comparing him with the other leading guys in the csi franchise. Don't you ever learn that there is more to a story than meets the eye after watching csi for so long? Oh, and that you should never assume? I just think that you should focus more on the storylines rather than on the character themselves instead because eventually, the show is not about them. It is about finding the truth. Who cares if one character sucks but each character is designed to have one or two kinds field of expertiese to help assist in the investigations. Like I don't really fancy Eric Delko coz his personal life is one f**ked up mess but as a CSI, he is a crucial member to the team with his leading expertise in underwater recoveries and fingerprints (he just knows where those darn fingerprints are in hard to find places) and a team player as well..unlike Ryan wolfe. I mean, Ryan's cute but I have yet to see his potential as a csi except that he is rather cocky.


So, if you don't like his character and you make a huge effort to declare that at every internet forum on csi, then might as well..just shoot urself. In not saying that you should like every character. My write ups above is only to defend David's portrayal as Caine..nothing else...and I respect ur opinions that you don't like him. So? Does that make a difference to my life? NOpe. I just dont like the fact you don't know his character well enough and you drop judgments just like that.


Whatever then. May the spirit of the CSI franchise never dies!!


Comments

Popular Posts