Binge Eating

hello..

actually I dreaded today. Okay, I know u're thinking that it is probably over work..or my family..like what is else is new. Surprisingly no..although they are already an integral part of my life whether or not i like it. Still, I dread this day coz it is one of those 'i-can-never-eat-enough' days. And when I was reading the papers (uhm..ironically, i only read the Straits Times on Tuesdays jz for its Digital Life section), they had this article about binge drinking. Eh, that sounded awfully familiar except that I probably have heard of binge eating..but binge drinking? what on earth is that? Turned out that it's just talking about those pub crawlers who are on an overload of alcoholic drinks..and uhm..the reporter who did that article actually had to take note of the average distances between the pools of vomit spewed on one whole stretch of road lined with pubs...GAH!! And they're like..*bbrrpp*...everywhere! Forget about the distances! We're talking close proximities here! Imagine the cleaners swearing to death the next day and then thinking what is going to happen to the future of Singapore. Haiz..the young people of singapore...who'd rather spend their time downing in multiple shots of vodka rather than memorising their multiplication tables. Now don't look at me. I know I don't drink and neither do I have a single blood cell of political inclination in me either. So nope..am SO not a future leader.


Gawd..let's talk about MY future at stake here! K..more like...'WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!!'...It has been a long while since I last felt like I just couldn't get enough of food. Nibbling here..nibbling there...crunching here..crunching there..it's almost driving me insane!!!! Im like..k...eat a stick of biscuit..k now...eat a packet of biscuit...uhm..what else is there? *opens the fridge*...oh, one ringlet of cheezels...one bite of whipped potato..right right right..now what..oh..two three pieces of fries..and the list goes on! Im trying my best to keep this under control by taking one or two nibbles or eat half a stick of the long thin biscuit. But I have this gnawing uneasy feeling in my tummy that's urging poor ol' me to just binge eat or one big fat heavy meal!!! NOooOOOooo...!!!!!!! *must....con...trol......my diet........* I know the only solution to this is to simply 'sleep' off my hunger but I can't be sleeping like what 7pm in the evening! I'll be branded as a lazy..er...pink animal with a snout..by my mum!


Okay...even as I am typing out this entry, my tummy's hurting. Earlier on, maybe due to me getting caught in the rain for two freakin' straight days in a row...and sleeping freakin late..I got this headache that made me rather paralysed for like half an hour before I got hold of myself. I simply gave in but not exactly 100% in..that would be sleeping going straight to bed (am so tempted to do jz that!)...when I recalled that I had yet to get a copy of today's papers and today is Tuesday. I mz get a copy of it. I'm not exactly a computer geek but I like reading short notes on I.T. stuffs although recent issues touch on repetitive topics like 'gaming' over and over again..and didn't they just write several articles about female gamers? Not to look down on them but Singapore has yet to reach the standards of our American counterparts whose strength in gaming equate to preparing for the Olympics. Like okay, obviously..the ratio of the male gamers is more than that of the female gamers based on gaming history. But to write articles about them over and over again..haiz...for what man? As much as I appreciate the attention femaler gamers are getting nowadays...I'd rather read about articles on gaming strategies. Okay okay..don't talk about gamers alone...almost every week, a huge chunk of Digital Life is dedicated to the world of gaming just because Singapore is veering towards gaming competitions which give away very lucrative prize money in US dollars. But it's so sad to know that it's beginning to sound more like an economic tactic as a creative way of racking in the dollar signs. In the end, what is there to benefit socially? More broken families? More school drop outs? I'm not saying those who game seriously will lose track of their lives and start building their lives after the virtual world. But then..the knowledge to be gained in the I.T. world is endless and give me articles with good tips and techniques that will make me more aware of new developments and softwares out there so that in times to come, if there's a need to troubleshoot pc problems, like when the pc starts to act funny,we roughly know what may have caused it. Okay before even going into 'troubleshooting', oh..how about ways you can protect ur pcs with both free and paid softwares available on the net or in the market.


Then how about a more creative side of I.T. say...written articles on graphic designing or web designing.. I admit there were a few good articles written before of which I do keep copies of them after chucking the unnecessary bits straight to the rubbish bin. We need to keep up since computers have already shaped our lives as they become more affordable compared to the past. Therefore I can't imagine reading one gaming article after another. Im not a gamer..unless...you count me playing Sims 2..hehe. Hey, it's not easy k especially the latest expansion called 'Open for Business'. I mean every Sims 2 expansion pack is challenging but this one? Very challenging..seriously need very good eye and hand co ordination or you'll risk losing ur business perks and worse..customers. Don't even talk about customers..the staff I hired? They're as good as the display stands.


I know it's just an accompanying paper plus it's FREE and all but tsk...free doesnt mean you have to be all stingy on facts and figures. ANd hey, I still pay 80 cents you know for the main papers. Enough to buy me a packet of milo to kill off my hunger for at least an hour.


Im feeling so sleepy now and I can feel that my hunger pangs are almost dying. Hopefully, my day wont be as dreadful as this. Geez.I spoke too soon..they're back.





Comments

Popular Posts