Frentic Mango Sales

Right...so I had to do something that was beyond my comprehension and had the guys baffled like what these women were doing? F.y.i, I went to my second mango sales. No, Geylang is not throwing huge discounts on the fruit but rather that famed shop MANGO. I used to think what was all this hype about this MANGO sales...and seeing some women wearing different coloured jersey blouses with their initials MNG and it was like some kind of trend. I tot heck..it'd never fit into them..not even the largest size. But I guess it's true to some extent that after a long while of hanging out with fashionitas colleagues, you will somehow....be pulled along the same route. And boy was I in for some fun..hahaha....!

Ok, when I was informed by my colleague about MANGO starting its sales on Thursday, which was today.....I was excited. K, in my 'desperateness' to own a MNG blouse after I got my salary this month, I bought the right size, right cut but wrong material. It was so clingy to my skin..it was almost like...er....second skin. And it didn't help that it was almost the same skin tone either. And that freakin' thing was 35 bucks!!! Okay, I would NEVER buy a plain coloured top around that price...but somehow, I did. Talk about irony! I didn't get to try it coz my poor brother was waiting for me in a corner of the entrance and I felt bad about it...so I tot tat it looked okay..and my insane mind said the price was okay....it went like..'err...whatever lah! can! can! jz grab!'....if I can recall, I did eat before that wat..so a brain which was hungry deprived?! Don't think so...

And with full regret, when I went to the toilet to try it for awhile..I totally hate it. And my brain was trying to say sorry to me by giving me a solution to put up the blouse on auction. So it was also concocting the price for the blouse...but I had to settle a few other things...and my ahem..Sims were graduating from a college (if u know me..u will know my obssession with them)....So in the end, I had it on hold as well as the pair of jeans which i TOTALLY forgot to put up on auction like yonks ago.

But guess what?!!!!! That stupid blouse was available in various colours and selling for 19 dollaRs!!!! 19 dollars, you know! From like what.........35 bucks?!!!!!!!!!! NOW i know why it's so widely popular whenever they have the sales thing going on. GAwD.....19 dollaRs! I'm gonna say it till I can't say it no more! How the hell am I gonna get rid of the blouse which I bought just barely days ago at 35 dollars?! This is UNFAIR!!

Oh well.....you gain some you lose some. Oh, back to my opening lines just now. Ok, so it was my second sales lah...but the first one, I did browse through but I onlie happened to be there but it was the third day of sales and the thin crowd, made me wonder, hey why this mango sales so bloody big ah? I knew my colleagues they loved wearing their jerseys for both casual and for work. FOr your information, people like me..we dont quite have any distinguishing fashion sense from the people in Shenton Way. Sometimes, we dress up to work in an outfit like we're going to town..or dress up like we're going to a neighbourhood shopping mall..haha...Oh yeah...and secretly, I wanted one lah...coz I tot it's quite nice...and when now, I can at least fit in their blouse without looking like i'm squeezing the fats out of me...it wouldn't hurt to actually buy one instead of wearing the ones my friends and colleagues passed to me coz they couldn't wear them as they were too big.

Then that news my colleague conveyed to me about the sales....I wanted to be there first hand! I'm still scared of the crowd but what the heck...u want good bargains?! Then you jolly well...make urself active. So me and my colleague cum good friend, we devised a plan on how to get on the sales early. After much tot...we decided to take half day off in the afternoon and go to the sales. At first, we tot of going to the one in Suntec City...but figured out that it would be too crowded since it was right smack in the middle of the business district cum famed shopping area. And another option quite close to Suntec City? Parkway Parade....perfect!

I was so damn excited about it coz I heard about the huge discounts I could get...especially for the jersey blouses which were my main priority. But reaching the place, I suddenly tot that er....what if we get the date wrong? What if the information given to my colleague who later informed me...was totally false?...In other words, what if we had just wasted our trip, along with our half day...along with this, along with that......and MANGO wasn't having any sales at all?!! Argh!!! The stress! It was getting to me!!!!

When we reached Parkway, my mind was still filled with question marks...and I told my colleague too that so far, I hadn't spotted anyone carrying plastic bags from MANGO. But my final reassurance came when I saw the poster in the size of an A3. There was definitely sales..woohoo!!

At first. Isetan didnt look crowded but we were fooled by it coz the minute we turned round the corner to MNG, it was there. The crowd. People were actually forming quite a line already at the fitting room. I tot that I wouldn't be able to get anything out of it...haiz..But, seeing my colleague already getting her hands into the sales, I psyched myself up saying that I can do that too. I started some planning....which was pretty simple actually. Target the 3 to 4 piles of clothings coz that was surely where you'll get the bigger discounts. Then when I started to look through the first pile, again I Tot...I'll never be able to do this...it's so embarassing! But no..............I'm not about to give up coz taking half a day off...jUST for some sales....it's gotta be worth every minute. So rahayu breathes in and starts to.....DIG!! Dig Dig Dig.............and yes, digging also need some kind of systematic manner...and embarassment is not part of it! People come here to look for good bargains..I tot to myself...so who cares about messing it up! And mess I did...I dug through the top half, the bottom half....the next half of the same pile of clothes..look under the shelves...look on the floor (yeah, it's pathetic, I know...)....and seeing how a 25 dollar blouse suddenly becomes 13 dollars..that made me even more determined...

But yeah...I also wished that I was at least an M sized coz it's mostly in those sizes or S...which, give me ten years also I cannot achieve. Turns out looking for L was a challenge in itself too. But nevermind, I like challenges. At least for that moment of time.

I couldn't believe how much muscle work I was putting in for my arms simply by doing a lot of determined digging....and I thanked myself for going to the gym yesterday to do some muscle training for my arms..haha..! But it wasn't planned at all. And through sheer work....which I didn't even keep track of with time, I dugged out 5 tops. Two of them..I got it in red already some time back...but here, I got yet another two colours. But yeah...I guess you can't get 100% satisfaction too as I didn't get the colour that I want or the size that I wanted in that colour. But the other three, I was satisfied lah...coz my initial efforts to get them prior to sales...weren't that good either coz they were pretty expensive to me at 30 dollars but here..it was a mere 19 dollars. If I didn't get them now...pls, label me stupid..hahah...

I guess if I was the average size of the women there....perhaps I could get more out of the sales...but those blouses cost me more than 50 dollars already though getting more than three for that price was pretty okay to me for such a popular label. And I figured out that if I downsize, my budget will have to upsize too...so I think I'll choose to stay this size for now lah..haha...!

Well I wasn't alone who didn't exactly came out 101% happy coz apparently she took a blouse which costs half more than what she tot it was priced at. And it wasn't her size either. Their policy of 'no exchange and no refund' during this sales will mean she's stuck to this blouse...for now. For me? I got a blouse in brown colour...and I don't even like brown....but, I guess I need to diversify too lah in my choice of colours..haha..plus, I took efforts to find the blouse in that cut, you know! That's diva speak...hahahaha..Anyway, there were other people who also picked up MANGO clothes in brown too so hey..brown isn't exactly a dull colour...it' the personality that counts, man..! But in this case, it's the label..haha..

Okay....let's hope this will be my LAST shopping spree ever in this month onlie. Next month, I'm targetting dorothy perkins jersey blouse and hopefully, it's still 20% less. I'm such a discount bitch! But you know....we can pat ourselves at the back for working so hard...and buy stuffs that we like....but buying too many good stuffs can make us complacent too...being girls, we just like to look presentable but everything's gotta have a limit, I guess. Shouldn't let ourselves be slaves to the trends....can have a taste of it, but just don't let it leave a bitter after-taste. In other words, life is so unpredictable. Like the other time, when I got two pair of shoes and still wanted to get another pair from another label later....I tot to myself that I still have other pair of shoes to wear also. Can't just leave them to collect dust over time while I enjoy getting more and more newer ones, onlie ending up not wearing or very seldom wearing them. When I have such a huge urge to go to yet another label in a few days time...or shoes of a different kind like flats.....I will recall back the time when I onlie had a pair of sandal which had seen better days but I still stuck to it coz I couldn't afford a new one. Not that I cant..but more like, I was terrified that some thing is SURE to happen if I buy something redundant...and I have full regrets for wasting money just like that, just when I needed it the most.

Shudders....whenever I recalled about that time when my mum and me were in such a desperate position...begging the power supply people not to cut off our water supply. It wasn't a long suffering coz God must have answered my prayers....and a friend of mine helped us out, no questions asked, and till now...I will never forget her deeds and of which, I actually pay it forward, or help a good friend, no questions asked.

Oh yeah....money isn't easy to come by..so while you have it, enjoy the moment. Prolong its usage.....like I feel that if I spent some money buying new stuff like a new blouse...the next day or next few days...I try not to get another new one. Or if I already have at least two new blouses....then, I don't get new ones lah until I have almost used all of them over a period of time already or they don't look brand new, no more. But if that's too long..er...until, the next pay lah! hehe..

Nevertheless...guess I'm done shopping with my bonus. Proud to say...I haven't even spent more than 400 dollars even though I got much more than that for the year end bonus..haha...! I got the stuffs that I want....and that's it. Strict little bargain girl marches in as my personality ego instead of the fashion diva wannabe..

Anyway, just for the records, girls! The MANGO sales is still on! :P

Comments

Popular Posts