"Sahara...it's from Clive Cussler..fav authoR!!"

Wow. They finallie made a movie..a big budget one at that...based on the book by my fav author..Clive CussleR...woo hoo!!! I mean it didn't occur to me that someone would take an interest in making a movie out of his book. I mean..okay...when I saw the trailor on a tv in the bus, it occured to me..hey, that word 'sahara' sound damn familiar. Then it struck me...no it can't be....they probably onlie heard of tom clancy. But then on the radio, they were doing a promo and the deejay mentioned about the storyline..and gasp...she mentioned the name 'DIRK PITT'...AarrggGhh...!!!! That's..that's....the one from CLIVE CUSSLER!!!!! ARrrrggGh...of all the novels, why must it be THAT one?!!!

Okay..I AM a fan..but that sahara book is kinda snooze-worthy.....it's so out of the mode that Clive Cussler writes. Normally he writes about some sunken ancient ships that held secrets that the bad guys are dying to get their hands on to take over the world. But, I DID try to read that book, in 1997 rite after my 'o' level exams, with TWO attempts but failed coz he started to write about misadventures in Sahara...hence the name...like the female aviator who crash landed in Sahara...and then NOT to be found. Okay, that story kinda hang in the air and u gotta read a few more chapters to find the conclusion. Oh, and about humans acting like savage beasts (suddenly I was thinking about...zombies..) and how the tourist guide, in bid to warn, the people about the remains of a city that is not the habitat of savage beasts. But he died in the scorching heat.

Err...okay, at least it kinda rekindled me to read Clive's books all over again. I have quite a collection of his books, you know. Some bought, some found, some not returned way past the date due from rental shops.......and yeah, I think that after bypassing that snoozy chapter, describing the details of the woman pilot's misadventure right from the sky until she crash landed into a billabong (no, not that popular brand..although I can't help but tink of the billabong wallet after reading that line), I am finallie ready to take on the book!

Almost all of Clive's books will trace back to the ancient past in the 1880s where ships are considered as majestic and the envy of all captains. So, err...u can find me almost on the verge of nodding...(though I cant resist sneaking in a few nods) until the part where Dirk's arrival was made to be so 'drama'. I mean, he will always describe dirk as having opaline green eyes....stout body..blah blah....but I have to admit it.......my heart will beat so fast......like as if he's approaching from some horizon and slowly coming into my view. That's when the story will always pick up speed and dirk comes in to save the day, along with his side kick, the short Italian guy Al Giordino.

Hrm....about the cast? Matthew McConahey..or however u spell his name....seems like a perfect candidate. But dirk is 40 plus..and matthew? Let's just say he's an updated version..wahaha...I like this guy anyway...but wat's with the..*GuLp* HAIR?!!!!! Eurgh..so McGyver..or one of my popular phrases..'so eighties..' Which puzzles me reallie. Coz the setting is supposed to be in 1996. I mean, that's 7 yrs after the end of 80's? But wat's with that?!! I could have expected a neatly cropped hair...just like that of Indiana Jones. But nooo.....it's gotta be shaggy. But matthew put on *SluRps* biceps tat can put me to sleep anytime..with its pillow-like comfort. Al Giordino..his sidekick? Err....he looks so...errr......where was I about dirk pitt?

Okaylah, if u realise, I never mentioned about the female cast. I NEVER talk about female cast...coz I'm anti-feminist...wahahaha..no, coz they always get to 'snog' the guy!! Think: Mary Jane and Spider-man. Figures why I never watched the part 2..just because I hate to see them kiss....this time, in more passionate manner..eurgh...*ShiveRs..*

Anyway, this movie just opened in Singapore. If you are just dying to know what it's all about, catch it at the cinemas near you. Talk about free promo.

For me, I'm still not an adventure movie fan..dirk or arnie....

*boring rating: 4*

Comments

Popular Posts