Mums Coming Home

Mum is likely to come back tomorrow from hospital. I don't know how they work..at first I said that I will be able to take a few days off to take care of her at home for about a week. And then, they suggested sending her to AMK community hospital for therapy so that she can regain back her strength after the operation. And then now, they kinda argued saying they didn't say they want to send her there but I said I wanted to coz of my difficulty of taking leaves. What the hey..so I was just being up frank lah that sure, the case manager didn't say she wanted to send her there but someone else obviously told her that. Why don't you just say that since they saw my mum capable of walking herself, though with some support, and able to get up and down slowly from bed, in other words she is rather independent, they don't want to send her there instead of citing my 'difficulty' of taking leave in order to take care of her. And also because the daily charges at that community hospital is rather high going at $130 per day and the waiting list is rather long. Don't say it's because I had difficulty taking leaves because it can be arranged. Sigh, blame it on the others.
 
Then, they said why I agreed for them to send her to AMK hospital at first and I said that well, at first she didn't seem capable enough and had so much difficulty but with each passing day, she got better. So now my final decision is to bring her back to my house. She asked if I have any other relative who can bring her back for at least a week and take care of her and I said I have but I would rather she come back home. The daily commute from work to hospital or from home to hospital is taking a toll on me and not forgetting when I come back home, I have to do the laundry and some simple house keeping. And oh, cooking for the monster at home too. I know Im contradicting myself but it's rather fun and in between, I can also play facebook. In the morning, I have to wake up a bit early and I am amazed at how many things I can do with a bit of time on my hands. Yes, that includes facebooking and watching short drama clips on youtube..heh. Im horrible.
 
Now my mum wants me to hire someone to help clean the house in case we have visitors. I hate to fork out money for something I can do though not very well...heh. Im pretty uptight with money because I would rather use the money to feed my family and buy groceries. But what can I do...
 
That aside, my mum's lab test results show that it's clear so she doesn't need any further follow ups like chemotherapy. Thank goodness. But my mum said that they will go for a second meeting and I don't know what sort of meeting is that. I hope it's nothing critical.
 
Tonight, I will do a final clean up at home like vacuuming and see if I can clean my room a bit too. Yes, and do laundry too :S
 
Hope everything will work out fine the next few days.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts