Mum Back Home Now

My mum's back home now....she just suddenly decide to come back home even though I already told her earlier that HDB has sent the documents over to Woodlands for the paper work come this Friday. She was fine with that at first until I dunno what my aunt said at night, she just made a decision on the whim to wanna go back home with me. She said my aunt kept harping on the fact that my brother misses her even though uhm..he didn't say he did. He's actually fine with my mum staying over at my aunt's house. I just brought him along with me yesterday because I just want company and also because he doesn't have to go to school the next day. My mum also said she had enough of my aunt long windedness whenever she talks to her. Then the drama she had with her family the night before gave my mum such a big headache with my aunt's antics.
 
I don't mind she comes back although I just told her that on Friday, she has to make her way to my aunt's house again for the paperwork and then she was okay with it as long as she got out of there asap..haha.
 
Anyway, this whole episode with my mum being away from home for quite a long time (almost a month, maybe?) made it possible for me and my brother to look after ourselves. Of course the bulk of the housework and other responsibilities still goes to me and it has been quite an eye opener as I have been relying too much on my mum for almost everything. It might have given her additional stress which is not good for her health wise. But it's not that I don't want to do. My mum likes things to be done in a proper way which means basically in her own terms. She doesn't trust me in doing simple housework such as laundry except for vacuuming because that's pretty difficult for her since it's heavy.
 
I think my mum was so enthusiastic about going back home that she could practically walk on her own along the rather long corridor towards the lift lobby without any hand holding support. She was quite fast too :S Then this morning she called to say that she made the milo drink herself. That's like the first household chore she did after the surgery but she told me not to tell my aunt that since my aunt would expect me to do it for her and it would cause her a bit of a panic. Well, she insisted she wanted to do it because she said she could do it already. OK fine..and I was rushing to work too. She's pretty independent so I wasn't that worried.
 

Basically she's back to bossing around although she does that over the phone too whenever she calls me..heh. At this point of time, I just hope she gets better from her surgery wounds.

Comments

Popular Posts