Getting Help

As my savings are dwindling, I try not to think about it but just do what I can do instead of harping on something that I can't do. But as much as I try to cut down on spending, some things are just inevitable like I just have to spend money on them because I am after all the sole breadwinner of the family. But I do try my best to save money as well whether it's just a dollar or two dollars per day. Whatever it takes to keep to a minimum amount of savings that will last for awhile.


Well, my mum went for her first medical check up yesterday post op and actually the appointment was supposed to be in September. But because she was worried about the slight discharge from her surgical wound, she wanted to go to the doctor earlier. Besides, the polyclinic doctor and the nurses who dressed her wounds after taking out the staples, insisted that she went to the A&E just in case. In  my head I was thinking, oh my gosh, that would set me back like what...$90?! And it's not even inclusive of the transport fares which Im pretty sure we will take cabs to and fro.


In the end, I decided to just give a try and call the hospital to try to fix an early appointment. Luckily I managed to get one after explaining my situation. The medical bills only came up to $28 which was only the doctor's fees as she did not have to go through blood tests or collect medication. Even then I asked if the social worker had passed to them the memo to say that my mum is currently on medifund which will allow us to pay only 50% off the medical bills. Unfortunately, they didn't receive and I didn't feel like calling the social worker department again to say that they still didn't receive any memo. But luckily they didn't charge me yet and just gave me the bill to give to the department and let them settle it.


I know that I should do something about my family situation like get help from various organizations but I dunno. It's like too much paperwork. Plus my family isn't in such dire situations like not having a proper stable job or living in a rental house. But I will keep that in mind. I suppose if I can have someone to accompany me asking these organizations for help, it will also make things easier for me too.


It's true what the security guard says. If we don't ask for help, they won't know that we are in need of help. I think the only close thing that I need help in is paying the utilities bill. I have a lot of problem in which every month, my household racks up about $300 of utilities bill which I am struggling to pay along with the outstanding amount.


But like I said, I suppose I can try getting help. At times it's not easy to cope and as much as I can, I try to live within my means and save up whenever I can so that I don't fall into a situation where I am absolutely penniless until my next pay comes in.


Meanwhile I just hope and pray for an easier life for me and my family.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts