Discharged but not at Home

My mum has been discharged already and she is resting at my aunt's house for awhile. Actually she did come back home for like ten minutes and then she made noise coz she thought the house was messy what with the clothes still strewn on the floor and on the sofa. Her long dress which was on the sofa was still there. Ok there were like two or three of them.


Fine, I know I have been blogging about keeping the house clean including cooking and doing the laundry but I can't do everything. I go to the hospital on  a daily basis and then come back home quite late and if my aunt comes later, I will return even much later because she will go for dinner and talk and talk and talk. Oh, not forgetting that I also have to do the grocery shopping on some days or my brother has nothing to eat.


I often say that my mum will listen to my aunt more than she listens to me because I dunno..her words are more comforting?! She took her suggestion to hire the service of a maid-on-the-go. Basically get an ad hoc service of a housecleaner who will clean your house for a minimum of four hours. Actually Im totally against the idea because number one, need to pay for such service. And number two, is it really necessary? I know my house is in a rather out of control state in terms of the mess because my mum isn't that strong anymore to do serious housecleaning and I am working from morning till night. Then again, she is sick and the last thing I want is to go against her wishes especially when she has already been brainwashed by my aunt and I can't do anything about it anymore.


I actually took two and half days off to look after her at home after she has been discharged. But I am currently rotting away at home and then wishing I was at work and not because I like working. It's such a waste for my leave because in the end, my mum decided to go over to my aunt's house. Once this housecleaning service is confirmed (why aren't they calling me by now?) then I will  see whether I will go back to work tomorrow.


It's not that I am trying to be selfish like use my annual leaves to go shopping or whatever although that is such a fine idea. It's for my family because they're not exactly in the best of health and also to do other errands like going down to HDB or whatever official appointments.


I guess it's alright la..I know the future dates already but I don't know if there will be more along the way. Hopefully not.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts