No Sci Fi Fan

OH yah...I forgot to say that I got my internet back at home which was like more than a week ago. Sigh, I had to pay the full price and well, at the very least it let me have a clean slate of a bill. Anyway, Starhub people were so distrusting of me that even after I gave the bill transaction reference number, they didnt believe and had to call the people behind the payment machine to make sure that...I, Rahayu Sedik, had truly paid and not give them yet another big fat lie again.

Whatever Starhub people. You know, you may think that during this recession, people may take a pity on you and would give u a bit more time to pay off your bills during such difficult times. But no, desperation calls for them to be more vigilant about payment collection that not a single penny or cent is missed.

Didnt pay for more than a month? Cut it off without warning. Let them have no phoneline. Get payment for outstanding bills, and oh, while we are at it, terminate the line prematurely and then get MORE money. Bingo!

And thats how the world works.

While I struggle, in life...etc etc etc......I am also battling health problems. I got bad skin and I hate it when this happens. Seriously. It will take months and even years for my skin to heal until the scars are almost invisible and then after a year or more, it will reappear. Sometimes it's just a bit of rash....but there are occasions when...the rashes can get pretty nasty. Unfortunately, the latter is happening now.

Add to that, my eyes are very sore. It will recover....and then become sore again...almost making me wish that I have spectacles. I do wear specs but at night after I return from work but you know it's not fun to wear specs that do not belong wholly to you. If my brother does not have the medical appt in January, I think I would be walking around with a pair of brand new specs and my eyes dont have to be so 'stubborn' in not letting me put on the contact lens. Yup, my eyes have a life of their own. Very seldom do they not repel against the 'insertion' of contact lens. I have no idea how people can put them on with ease. I have this battle with them practically every single day. Yes I know they're still a part of my body which is still very much alive but trust me, if they can pack up and go, they will do just that!

Hang in there okay eyes? Rahayu will try her best to get a pair of specs so that you dont have to go through the torture of having something foreign on you everyday.

Plus I dont want to lose my eyesight and I will never grow to like wear contact lens. I swear, once I put on specs I will NOT put on contact lens for months. Or even a year, like how I previously have done.

Add to that, just now I lost a piece of contact lens. I dropped it on the floor and it was never to be found, as if it just disappeared into thin air. And I had to wear another lens as 'back up' which did worse coz there was a tiny broken piece at the side and its constant rubbing made my eyes turn red. I hate my life right now. Did I tell you that already?

Work sucks today and I think my boss is starting to get an impression that i have no sense of urgency. Seriously, I still am finding my way around this school admin system and some things, if you dont tell me how urgent it is, I wont quite know. And when you tell me it's urgent, I wont hesitate to complete it and put away the other tasks that I have been doing. I try my best to give a good impression but sometimes I do feel like Im a failure like Im not good enough and I seriously dont want to lose my job coz they think Im not effective or whatsoever. Oh God, please help me in this. Let me find my footing in this workplace. I dont want to be out of place and I know my colleagues are also trying to help me out but how much can they do? But if it's not for their helpfulness, I think I am going to struggle big time.

Nevermind....I know life is not easy. Hence, the struggle. If everything is easy and God grants everybody their wishes, sooner or later we can get complacent.

At least when I reach home from work I get to spend time doing things that I like amidst the mess in my room, which may have contributed to the loss of my contact lens coz God knows which part of the mess it has fallen into. Yah, it's that bad. I just finished watching Star Trek Enterprise. Yes, THE Star Trek. Oh, actually it's not really the actual one but rather a fan made one which is like a webshow online. Before you underestimate its quality, well...and the slightly amateurish acting, they are fans loyal to a T in terms of its originality in the settings and even in the costumes which they tried to fashion after Star Trek in the 60s. Hence, the ugly jumpers ala Mario Brothers.

Why 60s? Because they were doing a continuation on a storyline based on a voyage 40 years ago that never actually had an ending because back then, the storyline was considered controversial. Well, it was the 60s where racial prejudice and sexual discrimination were far worse than now.

Actually, come to think of it, there isnt much of a change even right now where the people are supposed to be more liberal. But some things never change right?

Im still no sci fi fan (Im more of an International Soap Drama fan...read: Dutch, French..hehe) but Im up for anything if it looks interesting, fan made or otherwise. What can I say...Im very supportive :D

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts