Twist in Tales

I feel absolutely devastated for those people who have been fighting the battle against Prop 8 because unfortunately, the proposition has been passed based on a majority voting by 52%. But hope is not lost as the fight continues on as the California Supreme Court may likely to overturn it.

Sigh...anyway, dont give up people! The battle for equality lives!!

Back to my own frakkin' life. From the time I stepped in the office, it was work work work all the way for me. Worse, after my male colleague complained that he could not do his work properly because of the teachers' arrangements for the primary 4 students to return the report books back to our general office, people had been streaming in every few minutes. I was shifted to the reception counter table (GroanS!) temporarily to help my other male colleague coz my other colleagues had other work to do and could not be interrupted. So parents have been coming in on the boys' behalf and also for various reasons and on top of that also, I had my own share of work to do like preparing letters for the boys on financial assistance schemes and then whatever work my VP or my boss threw in my way.

Anyway, I was struggling to do all that coz it was not like they took a queue number or something. I was handling few things at the same time. Im the queen of multi tasking. But fortunately, my supposedly busy colleagues tried to help out wherever they could coz a girl can only handle so much :(

Oh, did I tell you that SOME PEOPLE put words in my mouth and she was twisting the story to make me or the office looked bad like making her do 'extra' work. Excuse me? You were the one complaining that you had to come back all the way to the school after returning from overseas to hand in the form and you were also the one who refused to go back to your house and take the report book which had to be handed in together with it. She was arguing all the way on the phone like who came up with the idea to submit in the report book..blah blah blah..and I could not be bothered by her and was like okay, you just give the form first and give the report book by early next week.

And then you know what the bugger said to my other colleagues just now or not? That if only 'the office' said that the report book had to be submitted together with the form, she would have turned back and got it and she was saying that phrase like few times.

Once again...

EXCUSE ME?!!!

You were the one who refused to go back and take the report book coz you said you were already 'on the way' and then now you said you can turn back?! What bloody bullshit were you trying to pull?!

Oh, and then the 'best' thing was that my manager told her since she said that she could drive back to take the report book, then she could come back later with it.

You know what the woman said?

'Oh but I got errands to run...'

*Rahayu smacks forehead* and...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
totally mega speechless.

Just because she just came back from overseas, want to act all bloody big shot.

But I hate to say this coz I know he is a nice guy but my other male colleague was not handling the situation well just now. I meant it in a good way because it would not have dragged on with her 'boasting' that she could drive back and take the report book (turned out to be just likes...pfft) because I was repeatedly telling him that it was okay, we would take the form first and write comment that the parent would hand in the report book later. But he die die want her to give the report book together even though she was getting agitated already. In other words, he was just making the situation worse. In the end, he seeked help from my manager and then after consideration, even she said latest to hand in by Monday. And then he wrote the comment that she would give the report book later.


Sigh.....wasnt that what I said? I sit near him so I tend to notice that recently, he has been easily agitated by parents. Not to say that I am not but really, the last thing you want is to break into an argument with these parents because it will be a battle that we can easily lose since we're the service providers. I know it sucks to admit defeat when it is glaringly their fault and not us but once we get into trouble, I dont think the management will take our side a hundred per cent.

That is why I often get scared whenever these parents said things that I didnt say. My colleagues or even my manager would say that well..they are like that...but then behind my back they would think of me differently like 'oh, why would Rahayu say such a thing?'...or..'Why she didnt ask first before saying it?' because u know how some people are. Very easily they can point finger at you and make you the scapegoat.

Anyway, it's okay. Im lucky that I have colleagues who are supportive of me and take time off their heavy workload to explain things to me and do not judge me too quickly. They are very assuring like hey, at least I know they're on my side. But then again, you'll never know too.

**shows fist to irritating parents**



post signature

Comments

Popular Posts