Skip to main content

Birthdae Celebration 08

It's nice to know that amidst my life in turmoil, people still do care about me. Even though the birthday celebration was long overdue coz of other commitments, it doesnt matter to me. What matters most is that my friends are there to celebrate the moment with me and I appreciate everything about it. Every.single.thing.

Okay especially the blue Esprit top...which by the way, I am wearing it now..hehe...and ironically, I passed by an Esprit shop the other day at Vivocity and I was like thinking...hrm, it would be nice to have that as a birthday gift..haha..coz I had not been buying clothes since my last bonus in July.

And guess what?! I did! I did get an Esprit top for my birthday!! And it fits me well...*phewh* I used to shudder at the thought of getting clothes for my birthday coz I dont exactly have a body that fits nice clothes. Oh, and plus the clothes that I used to get for my birthday in the past..NEVER..fits me. Except for one skirt that I got during my 21st birthday which I started to wear again mid of last year. It was a memorable skirt for me coz my friends were trying on clothes after clothes and I could not fit into any of them. Then they chanced upon this black skirt, which they urged me to try because they believed it could fit me. So I did and it fit me well!! Uhm..probably coz it was the biggest size..heh.

But looking at the price tag, I didnt get it although I would love to have it coz..duh..finally a skirt that coult fit me. So it was a very pleasant surprise that I got it as a birthday present.

So the blue-green top that I got from Mariah was really nice and it changed my perception that hey, it's nice to get clothes once in awhile..especially when it's a practical one that can be used for casual wear.hehe. It fit me well and Im ok with it as long as it doesnt cling to my skin like a second skin. Shes right that I like to wear fitting clothes but ah..not so fitting like some people coz Im too shy to show off my body fats..heh. Wait for few more years before I can afford to do that. Yeah right.

Anyway thanks again pple for everything. Sorry if I was being paranoid over the photoshoot earlier on coz I just am not photogenic enough and it's weird enough for me to have a solo photoshoot...haha. But I dont think that I will venture out and embark on another one again...although, with friends in the picture, it wouldnt be such a bad thing. It will be fun and something nice to capture for the future keepsake.





































































































post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...