Poor Ol' Me

Sigh, I have to type this out or else it would keep bothering me even though I slept soundly before this already..haha. Just now I almost lashed out at a friend because I became so irritated with her even though it was still early in our meeting. I merely said 'Do you have to be so specific over everything?' and she got taken aback by it and said wat was wrong with me. Of course I didnt want to create a scene and make her feel awkward coz I was too nice a person already.

I dont want to really elaborate what happened but sometimes I wonder why does what she does. I know she has the habit of leaving the decision up to me but come on ah, this is a meeting between me and her so I also have to consider her feelings as well and not just care about mine.

Okay what happened was that she wanted to order a sandwich from Subway. Fine. And she asked if I wanted to buy the six inch or the foot long and then she said I leave the decision to you...as she always did. And then okay, we would buy the six inch and then we share since she said that she not sure if she could finish the six inch on her own. Then after that she said how about me...like is it enough for me. I said it would be enough but she then suggested okay we buy the foot long and then ask them to cut into half. So I said okay..Im fine with that too.

And then thats the biggie. She would always give that stupid blank stare and say...'now you want the foot long...so which one is it now? I thought you said you wanted the six inch?!' So she gave a better option so of course I would take the latter since it would be more fair enough to share rather than cutting the six inch further. But she would make things complicated by pushing it back at me whenever I agreed to something because I was agreeable on both counts like the first option and with the second option she gave me.

So back to that, since she asked me to think again....so I said we can get the six inch lah since she said that she would not be able to finish the other half of the foot long. Then she threw back the question at me...'Then how about you? Is it enough?' I said Im okay....and then she got all confused again...coz to her, it was back to the first decision I made which was the six inch cut into half.

And she asked again...'So which one is it now? The six inch or the foot long?' By that time, I got irritated already. I cannot just make the decision based on how I feel...I also had to consider what she wanted. Originally, I wanted to get the six inch since she said she could not finish the foot long but she always made it seem that it wouldnt be fair to me. But I had clearly said I was fine with it so why push it further? Know what I mean? I am not that selfish and if she has her reason for not wanting to get the foot long, by all means since I know it would be a waste for her since she already knew that she would not be able to finish it. However she was always more concerned about me that it wouldnt be fair to me.

Sometimes I forget that talking her require a different method. Shes the type who likes to question and is rigid in her thinking like A means A while B means B but at the same time, want to leave the decision 'open' to me. At first I thought I figured it all out by saying something like....'Okay we just go straight to the subway infront at Shaw house'...as in being specific. But then she would be like..'But there is another one at Far East' and I stuck at my decision by saying again that since we were already on the way, we would go the one at the Shaw House. It was to let her know that I stuck with the first thing I said coz I know she had a habit of getting confused if I said another thing.

Then she became uneasy and said that but the Far East is nearer while for the Shaw House, we still needed to travel underground. Okay fine, I said so we would turn back. And as we were walking...she said...'So now you want to go back to Far EaSt.'

You see what she was doing?!!

Whenever I changed my opinion on something, I became the undecisive one?! In the first place she would say she leave it all to me so I decided...she became uneasy over some reason of her own with my decision......suggested another and just because I agreed with the better suggestion (take note behind the reason for u turning back to Far East), suddenly I am the confused...undecisive one?!!!

Then just shut up and not give me any opinions lah! Aiyoh!!!

Get what I mean? Thats how it is if the person is the the type who is very stubborn and would not budge with her decision so when faced with someone who is open enough to take in some other better choice on a whim since it was uhm...well...better, she would get all confused. Like they just cannot accept the fact that people can change opinions because they're not that rigid.

Sigh................look I am sorry for having lashed out at her like that but it went on and on until people were like looking at us like how long did we need to decide over foot long or six inch..it got pretty embarassing. My advice to her...it's not that I wanted to confuse you since to you it seemed that I was okay with both. Please understand that there is nothing wrong with that except that I also have to consider what you want since eventually we were going to share the same meal together. Look, I wouldnt mind if you leave the decision to me but later, dont complain that you cannot finish it....or have to walk further.........and since you have the tendency to do that or play the blame game, I dont feel easy making the decision based on what I think.

Anyway it was all good later except towards the last part (the blame game thing again...) but I was too tired to argue. I mean shes a nice person who is caring towards her friends and value their opinions. But it's just her nature that I have to put up with..sigh.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts