Skip to main content

Where Are the Good Men?

I used to wonder how some girls practically get guys pretty easily like after a break up. I couldn't even find one decent guy that have the slightest interest in me..haha. But you know what, I don't let that thought get me. To me, I have my own personal growth issues to work on and also, the universe is simply responding to my inner thoughts. I don't think I am in a good position to pursue a relationship which is hard to explain here. But it's still something that I am open with in the sense that opportunities may present itself, whether I like it or not, as part of life, so I'll just deal with what is coming.

But I'm not here to talk about my sorry state of love life. I've learn that I should not entertain thoughts like 'nobody wants me' or 'I'm not slim enough' because I've seen several times how girls even bigger than me snagged a boyfriend who is on the lower weight scale. Believe it or not, it is not that difficult to get good men because opportunities can just present itself if we work on our irresistibility on the inside and let it shine on the outside.

Of course they are men who only go for looks because they want to look good too. But do you think such relationships will last? I don't think so. Being in a relationship means to be committed in giving your best to take the relationship to the next level where you communicate clearly to each other and nourish each other in terms of personal growth. 

I personally think I still have work to do. I am currently working on being a better person with a more enriched life which of course will naturally attract people, both men and women, and while I think I am getting better, I need to have better control over my emotions. I have the tendency to get myself affected by the environment around me or annoyed quite easily and naturally, I will show my disapproving  looks instead of looking at the situation another way. This of course may upset other people. For example, my mum. She always think she is right and she likes to ramble on and on and she doesn't care whether you're watching tv or surfing the net, if she wants to talk, she will talk..or rather, ramble which is annoying.

But she gets angry if I get annoyed like I'm not giving her the attention. I mean I try to but after awhile of listening to her rambling, I get bored and frustrated because I keep hearing the same old things. Most of the time, I try to listen and follow her instructions like when we go out, but I can't help but be frustrated when she gets insistent she is right.

Oh well, this is one area I need to work on. I mean you're thinking what has this got to do with finding good men? A lot. It's about trying to control your emotions, giving the person your undivided attention and making the situation better instead of whining that the restaurant is crowded, for instance.

I believe if I can control my emotions better, I will have better luck in finding good men because people may find me more approachable. I mean nobody likes a complain queen or someone who sulks because he or she doesn't like the situation they are in right now. I will be like this natural magnetism.

So yah, it's not a big deal for me being a single. I won't say it is my fault that things are not looking good for me in terms of getting attention from guys...some things are just worth waiting for, provided I work on my own personal development, which trust me, I have a lot of issues to work on.  All the best to me :D

Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...