Skip to main content

My Cupcake Wish!

Few more last posts! Bear with me..I'm on a roll, haha.


Remember my last few posts I wrote about people not owing you a living and how when we wish for something, it may just come true so to me, I actually believe in miracles because you'll never know how blessed you are :)


I've always wanted to try the 12 Cupcakes (contrary to what my brother said, I DID NOT eat 12 cupcakes) and I felt that well, I'm one of those cheapos who won't pay $3 for a cupcake no matter how nice is the frosting or how hyped it is by the media.


But I dunno, I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least try one but going all the way to Bugis to buy just one?! You must be kidding.


So then yesterday my colleague went up to me and said that she brought some leftover food and she had cupcakes by that infamous shop by an ex deejay and I'm like..'12 CUPCAKES?!' and she was like yeah, that's the one.


So I got my hand on them!!





By the way I did not put the tomato and cheese sandwich beside it to compare the size but then, judging from it, you can see how small it is. Anyway it's a cupcake so it's supposed to be smaller than a muffin.


My verdict? I thought it's nice and the frosting isn't too sweet and the cupcake isn't too dry. But I still think $3 is too pricey..haha, now now don't judge me.


If you ask me, I like the sandwich better..haha. It's from Cedele. Goodness, this so called meeting by my colleague's daughter's company sounds like one that we will go too! There's Delifrance pastries, 12 cupcakes and Cedele sandwiches. Why never invite us. It's a beauty company that is in charge of high end make up brands like Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and etc. You think these ladies can finish these all by themselves? They probably take a bite and that's it..haha. 


So bad of me..people give free still poke fun.


I love the cedele sandwich! It's not a halal establishment so if  you are a Muslim reader, please don't go just coz I ate one. The cheese is not like one piece of sliced cheese but this sheet of thick melted cheese. Oo la la. Cheese orgasm. And the bread has a nice nutty taste too.


Aaah..little pleasures in life :)
I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...