Skip to main content

Life 101: Living & Not Merely Surviving

It's the start of the fasting month already. Honestly I'm not really geared up for it but it's a must to fast if you're a Muslim and it's a good time to cleanse your soul and enduring hunger and thirst to really know what it's like for those who are struggling to get a single feed in a day. It's also to bring us closer to God if we have strayed too far from the path of righteousness.

There are a lot of distractions in life and we as human beings are just vulnerable at times to follow what is actually wrong but we still go ahead with it if it is going to give us a sense of temporary happiness when things may not go as well as it is in reality. It's a way for us to escape while refusing to accept the perils of reality.


Whether you are a muslim or not, I believe that everyone should reflect on what we have done in our lives and to see if we have truly lived a life and not just merely surviving. We all need water, air & food to sustain our living but is that all life is? It is also about living and achieving our dreams instead of just wishing but not doing anything about it. So, life is short. Do we have to wait for us to be really sick or be seriously injured (touch wood) to finally realize what life has to offer and how much we have been wasting our time doing something nonconstructive and merely complaining about how difficult life is?


Follow your heart and do what you desire. But of course sometimes it's easier said than done. I've always wanted to have my own online shop and now when I do, I cannot deny sometimes I do feel discouraged when I don't make any money. While passion keeps me going, I don't think it is wrong for me to wanna make a bit of moolah out of it. But learning from other true stories of business models, whether new or very successful, I just have to persevere and hope for that one big break :)


Living a life of purpose reflects who you are deep inside, your beliefs, values and passion for living. It is about following your heart and doing what you love to do with passion and purpose.


So there are people who do things that other people don't understand but it is what keeps them going and what keeps them happy and feeling different from others. We don't always have to conform to what other people have to say as long as we are firm in our purpose and our belief in how we want to lead our life as long as we are making the right decisions without hurting other people in the process. Because we have to remember what are not in the world alone. We need a good support network to keep us going and to keep encouraging us to not keep making the wrong decisions and be on the right track and also to not give up if we reach a roadblock.


So start living, yah!


I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...