Skip to main content

Beauty 101: Affordable Make Up Concealer (LA Girl Pro HD Concealer)

I've been using the ZA concealer for years especially during times when my skin kept breaking out especially around the chin area. Now I won't say it has completely gone away because it still does at times but not as bad as previously. I think my skin will never be blemish free..haha! Oh well, what can I do about it since I can't afford those expensive facial treatment packages. We all eventually grow old one day too.

Anyway, I always read this blog by facesbysarah and she wrote the post on this and I thought, heck why not since it will set me back less than $10 and the coverage seemed amazing. But then again, she's a pro and I'm well..But! But! I have received praises for my make up and I'm so happy because you have no idea how many youtube videos I watched especially by the talented Sarah to get the perfect eye makeup. Still no pro but getting there! haha..show off.


So this is mine...




I got in the colour beige. This is the funny bit. I actually just CANNOT find the name of the shade on the tube despite twisting and turning it around like mad. So I just have to use a guess which  one suit me and since there isn't many shades available in Singapore and at that current moment (whenever she blogs on something, the things seem to fly off the shelves!) not many left too so there isn't much to confuse the always confused me.

What can I say about it? The coverage is better than my ZA concealer which still make me look sleepy-ish with my rather dark undereyes. It really does help to brighten my under eye and if I put on a slight bit more coverage if I wear eye make up, it makes my make up pop and my skin looks flawless. When I put on my chin which has several very very light blemishes, it gives good coverage as well.


I'm also liking the price. Originally, it costs $9.80 but it was on discount so I got for $7+ and I find that it's very affordable though as Sarah mentioned in her post, if you buy it online it's cheaper but I always find it is better to share the shipping price with some of your make up buddies or buy them when they are offering discounts online.


I give it a 5/5 rating.

I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...