Sponging Off On Other People

After all the talk of the importance of having an emergency fund, I am actually currently in a very undesirable financial situation. It has got to be pretty bad after a good few solid months. Sometimes things just happen and I felt that I had to use my emergency fund though, just like the Singapore reserves, I will put them back. Come pay day, I will be able to stash away $300, based on my calculations. However, just like in life, you can actually plan for something but sometimes, it may just not go according to plan.

Honestly speaking, am not too sure where have I gone wrong but I just hope it's just a minor spell before I recover from my personal financial turmoil. Meanwhile, I will also set things right by paying my bills on time and as much as I can, to pay off the outstanding bills and my personal loan. I believe my current financial state happened because of this very situation that suddenly I'm being hounded to pay for the outstanding bills or face termination and that can even be more costly. 

I guess I was just a little bit overzealous in building up my own personal fund that I have failed to pay off much of the more important things in the need to have more cash on hand. This shall not happen again. 



As a reward, if I can manage to put my finance in order, whether if I have to stash away my performance bonus or get away with a Charles & Keith warehouse sales *sniff*, I just have to. This time round, I shall not be upset if I get the same amount like last year. I felt that I did better last year than I did the year before but if they felt that I still didn't deserve to get a more than decent amount, then so be it. I should just be thankful that I can stash away some money for emergency, just like I did last year and survived just fine.


Anyhoo, sometimes I don't get why people can be so greedy. They failed to see that they are not in a good state financially and have required financial assistance but they just cannot try to live within their means. They want this and that but cannot afford it and yet, they want to get financial help for it like expect other people to foot the bill. Worse, they can be so demanding about it, especially if they don't get what they require.


What the heck is this? Honestly, I have nothing against people who are in undesirable financial situations because I'm certainly am in one either. It's not easy to get help for money but some people are just so thick skinned that they keep asking for such help and yet, in terms of their lifestyle, they are NOT willing to compromise.


Honestly, I can't stand people who can't give up the use of their cars, their data mobile service, which are totally not necessary, and they play on our sympathy like they've got more than one child to feed and that they don't earn regular income because they are freelancers or are currently jobless. I understand that it's not easy to find a job but for more than a year? In the first place, if they are able bodied, get a job that can earn them a regular income. If they have a family to look after, they jolly well not be so selective in their job offers especially if it's one that do not offer as lucrative a salary that they used to earn before they get retrenched. This is no longer about saving your own dignity but rather to feed yourself and your family. Some people just don't deserve to have a family if they adopt such an attitude that they can readily be given help if they play upon other people's sympathy towards their welfare.

They cannot give up their status and yet, what status do they have if, well I don't know how much money they stash away for themselves and yet they 'sponge' off money on organizations which to me, are better off helping those genuine cases of poor families. Due to low education or their medical conditions, they need financial assistance and they are the ones we should lend our hand, not those who whizz here and there in a car, for the sake of convenience or want to take part in so many activities that require payment of money, but need other people to help them pay. Utterly ridiculous.


Can't believe this, man. And I can't believe that they can be so authoritative about it like the deserve the help and we can't say no about it because we are like supposed to help them out.

You know what? If they want help, sure we can help. But I hope when their children grow up, they don't become like their parents. I hope they grow up to be self reliant and with a sincere heart to help those others in real need of assistance. And if they have families, I also hope they know how to take care of their loved ones by doing what is truly right for them, and not by making use of other people's sympathy.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts